Xone k2 low volume in club pa setup problem!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    This has certainly escalated
    I know. Too bad, because it does still seem like a relevant thread.
    I just keep on ignoring personal attacks as they tend to say more about the one who makes them.

I am still working on the issue together with the good people from the A&H support (no complaints there), but so far all we've only established that the setup is correctly configured. Tonight we're back at analysis, so aa soon as we figure out more I'll report back.
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

I'm still waiting to hear how it's quieter than a silent channel.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Deksel, you have an audio 2. Use that.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Deksel, you have an audio 2. Use that.
    Yeah, that's my temporary solution. Works fine for now.
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

some soundcards are naturally quieter than others. all the NI cards, including the A2, are more than loud enough for clubs.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah, the NI volume is fine. The K2's volume isn't my biggest problem, tho, it's the fact that when I connect it sound issues occur on my Reloop Contour. I prefer the Reloop Contours audio interface over the A2 (5 out channels, good sound, volume and latency). But well, the topic of the thread is the K2 volume and for that the A2 is a perfect replacement.

if you have to tweak the trims on the mixer over 12 o'clock to get a decent volume, something along the line is set up wrong, regardless of soundcard.
    with my audio 6, maybe 1 o'clock maximum on the trims is loud as hades.

you might be draining too much power from you laptop using two soundcards and midi controllers... plug it in to the wall and see if you get the same problem. Then if that doesn't work try and plug in the contour with an AC adapter it accepts 6V 1.5Amp
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

My laptop does n't give me much battery life --> I always keep it plugged in when playing. The 500 mA from the USB 3.0 port doesn't seem to be enough for the Contour, so I always keep that plugged in also. Have tried the sound quality with one or both unplugged, but no difference.

Oh, & @Jester, all Xone:K2's have an output volume of approximately -10 to -12 dBu. I don't know if mine is even more guiet (will be testing that next), but I have to crank the gains all the way open and then still the volume is very low.

Tech Guru

-12 dBu sounds about right if you're struggling to get enough gain through a mixer, but it is a long way off the quoted +6 dBu spec in the manual?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast