Using iTunes' visuals as VJ performance?
    Tech Wizard

Default Using iTunes' visuals as VJ performance?

I've always been a great fan of the visuals that iTunes displays nowadays. I think it's quite hypnotizing and might work perfectly with the more spacy kind of music I sometimes play.

Which got me thinking; is there some way I could perhaps rout these visuals to a beamer and synch them to my Traktor output? Would be a great cheap way of adding some visuals to smaller parties and raves!

Hopefully there is a VJ adept out there who might be interested in this.

Perhaps this should be in the general info thread - wasn't sure about that. If so I'll take my business elsewhere (or perhaps a moderator can move me? )
    Macbook Pro 15'' / Traktor Kontrol S4

I used to record the iTunes screensaver output to a movie and use it later. I think there's a way to send this through the second monitor somehow but requires some SW/HW hacking. Sync:ing it to Traktor, that's harder.

Another option is to use all the cool generators and effects from Motion (Final Cut.)

Tech Wizard

I just found out that when you're listening to an internet radio channel through iTunes, the visuals also work. Do you think it would somehow be possible to broadcast your Traktor performance into an internet channel and open that channel so that you have the visuals?

Gonna check your other option out soon, thanks for the information!
    Macbook Pro 15'' / Traktor Kontrol S4