Good mixer to sit between two X1s? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Well the Xone:22 is hardly the finest A&H mixer
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Pro Audio star had a DNX1100 for $699 the other day,
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Pro Audio star had a DNX1100 for $699 the other day,
    you can generally get the x1600 for a little more than that. just wait for musicians friend or guitar center to have a 15% off sale and you can pick it up for $850. i'm waiting to see if i can get lucky and get $200 off $999 or more which they run every now and then. if so, i'm gonna pick one up too since i just got my second x1 from craigslist for pretty cheap.

edit: musicians friend has a used one for $765 with their current 10% off used gear sale (it's regularly $850). guitar center also has one that looks a little beat up for $700 and i'm sure they will match musicians friend 10% off used gear sale bringing it down to $630 (+tax if applicable to your state).
    Last edited by squidot; 08-16-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    You have a Xone, but use Traktor filters? Blasphemy!
    ever played on a xone 22? quirky...

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Snag a DJM-250 and an Audio 2. The 250 should be around $340, and the Audio 2 will set you back like $80.

There are 3 types of mixer: professional, expensive mixers, stripped down professional mixers, and cheap, feature loaded crap. You don't need 4 channels to "grow in to," because odds are you're going to either scrap the old one when you get a high end mixer, or you'll keep it as a backup and need it to be solid. The Xone 22 and the 250 are pretty close in features (pretty bare, with some tricks), but the 250 has a slight edge in quality and usability, if only because it's newer.
    At first I really liked this idea, but now im reading reviews of the 250 and it sounds kinda shit.

But maybe you're right, at my level i might not need 4 channel mixer...

Well, with all the feedback on a 4-channel, I think I now what I should go for.

Any suggestions on just a 2-channel?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

i got the djm 850 which im atm using with ipad touch osc and traktor. waiting for the new behringer cmd series for better transport controls but in my opinion its worth to have the pioneer since 99% of the clubs have pioneer mixer installed. the 850 is also alot cheaper than 900 and fine for home use, the new "beat" effects is actually quite nice. the spiral is for sure worth alot just on its own

but i believe the denon is a nice mixer aswell and if you dont need to learn pioneer workflow of ther mixers i would go for the denon.

99% in my area*
    (once stumbled upon a numark in a bar)

Tech Mentor

What about a Behringer NOX303? I am using a s2 with an x1 right now but have been thinking of adding a mixer just to use with the x1.

Does anyone have any experience with the Behringer NOX303?

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/NOX303.aspx
    Last edited by DJ G-REG; 08-17-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ G-REG View Post
    What about a Behringer NOX303? I am using a s2 with an x1 right now but have been thinking of adding a mixer just to use with the x1.

Does anyone have any experience with the Behringer NOX303?

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/NOX303.aspx
    People always ask about Behringer mixers and they usually get the same response... lots of features for the price point, but the quality just isn't there relative to other mixers...

If you're really trying to make the jump to prograde equipment, you should sell the S2, and put that money towards buying an A&H, Denon, or Pioneer mixer and use the X1 for cues, transport, and FX. If you're playing out at clubs a lot, maybe buy an A&H 42 with the NI Audio 4 card so that you can plug into the club mixer while you're playing out and use the X1 as your controller... probably the most portable setup around.

That is literally my entire setup. I use just an X1 for controlling Traktor, and the Denon DN-X1600 mixer... this setup works like a charm and I actually prefer this to my roommates S4 because my mixer is just way way WAY nicer than the mixer section on his NI S4. Getting a traktor certified mixer also lets you have expansion possibility as well. For example, I just added a Technics 1210 to have DVS control and it works perfectly.

Why the audio 4? It has completely pointless inputs that won't be used here, it's not in production and it costs more than an audio 2 which will do the job just the same.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast