Good mixer to sit between two X1s?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Good mixer to sit between two X1s?

I'll soon be getting the X1's for this set, and using a mixtrack as the mixer, but that's only temporary.

What is a good Mixer, that doesn't cost like 3 grand, doesn't have to be a djm, something just good and hopefully isn't too expensive. If you suggest something, please say why! I use Traktor. And mix mostly electronic music.

Preferably 4 channel, so this can last me a long time.
    (If there is another thread for this, I must have missed it, link me! sorry in advance).
    Last edited by Sn0wday; 08-12-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

djm 900. 2 grand

^ I was hoping for more than a bit under a grand. Denon X1600 looks great but is still a bit pricey.
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

Why don't you give a more exact budget. Do you need it to have an audio interface built in?

i got my xone 22 for 2 hundo....it has it's flaws...but i like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Why don't you give a more exact budget. Do you need it to have an audio interface built in?
    Nothing above 750. I don't know too much about mixers to begin with, but they seem expensive, and rightfully so. But I really don't wanna spend a ton on one. Well, if I have Traktor, DOES it need an audio interface?

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    i got my xone 22 for 2 hundo....it has it's flaws...but i like it...
    elaborate?

What I really want from a mixer, is a professional, good sounding EQ, professional crossfader, 4 decks, and the fact that it's not connected to the rest of a controller, it's just as it is and independent of my gear upgrades/changes that will probably happen over time. As i'm not too fond of all in one controllers. And I hear mixer's built in effects are generally far better than Traktors.

intrested in this as well
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

The headphone cue system takes a bit to get used to. The master is a bit louder than the cue. The filter buttons on the bottom of each channel have a "pop" when you engage them. There is a work around for it. I use the filters in traktor so i don't use the filters on the mixer. There is no power button.

BUT...

It has XLR outs, a booth control, sounds great, mic inputs, quality build, headphones jack on front and back panel...

The current setup is an X1 and the xone22. I am finally comfortable again after moving from vinyl to CDJs to controller. I really like having a physical mixer.

Tech Convert

I'm in the same boat, but with A+H K2's. I'm scoping the Xone 42 right now. It seems to fit the bill, and the price isn't absurd.

edit: also finding good reviews for this:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DENDNX1500

I only mention it cause it's $400 from here: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...nnel-dj-mixer#
    Last edited by okplanets; 08-12-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Xone 42 certainly is a good choice, fun mixer for sure! Denon DN-X1600 (if you like FX on your mixer - or else you could go with the DN-X1100) or Ecler Nuo 4.0 should be good as well. Or you could look for a used Rodec MX-180 or something like that (also look for Hi-Level, Formula Sound, Dateq, etc. for example - but of course most of those mixers are 19"-rack-style which does take up more space) - edit: this is probably the best bang-for-your-buck option, but you might have to hunt around for a while to get one of those, so some patience is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I really like having a physical mixer.
    For me there is no alternative, they feel just so much better to play on (and having proper VU meters is a big deal to me as well). The difference between midi controllers and real mixers really is like night and day.
    Last edited by 3heads; 08-12-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast