Faders bouncing erratically in Traktor 2.5.1 when in down position - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

yep, my ch 3 fader still does it... now my crossfader is useless because it is erratic for the left deck.

I think I have to take the time and send it to DJTT to be serviced, but what a bummer for a newer unit with minimal hours.

I had the same problem with my s4, as i already vaulted my warranty, i first tried contact cleaner, that didn't worked so i put wd40 in it and that solved the problem. Still no problems since i did this 3 months ago. But watch out wd40 is strong stuff and if you are in warranty, you might wanna know if this will void your warranty, and i don't know what the long term effect is.

But one thing i know that the faders jump up and down in the software has to do with dirty faders.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm 99.9% sure this is dirty faders. On the VCI 400's you should (I've never seen the inside of one) be able to take it apart and manually clean them with an alcohol bath and then spray them with some de-oxit lube. If it's an S4 you're out of luck unless it's under warranty.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Update****

So sent in 400se to the Ninjas for repair. Faders were defective and they sent me all new unit.

Interesting to hear. I wonder if they had an issue with defective faders on multiple units? I might need to send mine in.

Tech Wizard

I am having this problem also with many bookings coming up. This sucks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Nicotine and dust and drings, three biggest fader's opponents. I got this issue on my bcd3000 as well...

A cheap but good investment is a hand-held vacuum cleaner, run it over the pots in the studio and DJ gear from time to time to vacuum out the particles that will cause grief, wear and problems.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pfef View Post
    Update****

So sent in 400se to the Ninjas for repair. Faders were defective and they sent me all new unit.
    Im having the exact same problem with right volume channel 2, when my fader is all the way up, it jerks back down. But if I set the fader a little bit down at 99% or lower, it's fine. The left/right crossfader is actually jerky sometimes too.

Can you please be more detailed as to how you got the repair done? Did you send to DJTT or to Vestax? I use my unit for gigs 5 nights per week, I will have to buy 2 and send one in.

Tech Wizard

I emailed dj techtools and they said they will send me new fader to install myself. Cool!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast