MBP 15"/13" + Tpro - does it fit full 4 decks and fx panels?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MBP 15"/13" + Tpro - does it fit full 4 decks and fx panels?

Hey Mac users!

I've been thinking buying the new mbp 15" and wanted to know does the 1440x900 screen fit 4 full decks and fx panel in fullscreen mode? With PC 1280x800 isn't enough since the Tpro stupidly hides the fx panel when it would just just fit to the screen.

But screenshots of the view on 1440x900 resolution with full 4 decks and internal mixer on would be appreciated.

Actually if somebody with a 13" mbp could also take a screenshot of the view, that would be nice as well, even though I think there isn't much difference compared to PC.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No problems with a 15" MBP . Everything is on screen .

does TPro have an adjustable fullscreen option now? T3 was fixed at 1024x768 (I think) so when I set it to fullscreen on my 1920x1200 17" laptop screen it looked stretched and horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    does TPro have an adjustable fullscreen option now? T3 was fixed at 1024x768 (I think) so when I set it to fullscreen on my 1920x1200 17" laptop screen it looked stretched and horrible.
    Yes it does. You can set fullscreen mode to desktop or choose resolution from a list.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Ah, great! The critical 100px.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    actually not everything is on screen, the recording and master tempo panels are not on screen. then again the OP didn't ask about those.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

I am of the opinion that you need a 1920x1200 - or something very close to that to see the full screen. The first things to go on the smaller resoltion is the recording and master tempo panel as Ismith has said. Also the two beat length panels for looping, fx, loopin, loopout all that crap gets shortened if you drop the resolution and you cant see the full list and have to scroll though which i think is a bit of a pain in the butt.

Strange- on my 15" MBP Traktor Pro doubled the Effects etc. in Tabs. Only now that I have the 17" MBP it shows them truly side-by-side, but I could remember this wrong...
    I mix stuff on my things...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris View Post
    but I could remember this wrong...
    Nope that sound about right to me

Also lets not talk in screen sizes in inches, talk in screen resolutions so everyone is on the same page ! not every MBP 15" in existance has the same screen resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    actually not everything is on screen, the recording and master tempo panels are not on screen. then again the OP didn't ask about those.
    Hmm, I didn't know those would be available with bigger screen as I've never used more than 1024px height. But in the end those aren't critical for me to be on screen. I can switch the panels back and forth if needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast