Denon MC600 or the Reloop Jockey 3 ME
    Tech Wizard

Default Denon MC600 or the Reloop Jockey 3 ME

Hello,

After a bit of reflection and assessment of my needs, I have decided to settle on the following:

My needs: I wanted a controller

-- that could operate either as a standalone unit (connectable to CDJs if necessary) or to a computer (a Mac preferably)
    -- that can use Tracktor Pro software
    -- that has built-in audio cards
    -- that a variety of input / output sources for expansion (for example adding CD decks, mp3 players, etc) as alluded to above
    -- that can do scratching even though I don't know how and don't intend to do that
    -- that can help with my mixing skills - as a beginner / bedroom DJ, and few family basement/outdoor parties (for up to 100 people)

After a bit of reading, I am leaning towards either of these units. The Denon MC600 or the Reloop Jockey 3 ME. Both can operate as stand-alones, if you add CDJ or other sound sources, so I can use them independent of a computer. I know Tracktor integration in the Denon is not as tight as the Reloop.

Currently, I only have a laptop (a 13 inch MacBook Pro) running a Tracktor Pro 2.51 software. I am considering a powered speaker (possibly a Mackie, JBL or QSC K12) once I get the controller. I will start out slowly with just bedroom DJing, and the expand to parties for friends (basement / backyard) gigs.

Given these needs, I will be very grateful if you can give me a run-down on these units. I am willing to spend up to about $700 on a controller, so kindly let me know if there are others that I need to be aware of.

Thanks very much - - Oyiwaa

Buy a second hand decent controller for 500 and pay 200 for a second hand DJ-ing laptop...
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Tech Wizard

Thanks very much for the inputs - - I went for the Denon MC 6000. Now I have to get my speakers and then start the actual practice sessions. Rgds, Oyiwaa.

good choice! I love my MC!