VCI 100 Jog Wheel Issue

Thumbs down VCI 100 Jog Wheel Issue

The left jog wheel was working fine for hours today, I turned off the system and turned back on again later and now it is not reading the movement properly in Traktor Pro.

Specifically, it turns red when I touch it so I know that it is not a sensitivity issue, but if I try to spin/move it, the track does not register that I am moving back and forth. It does however, halt the track where it is, and it will continue when I let go, but It won't go anywhere else.

Tech Mentor

Do the MIDI indicators on the VCI and in Traktor light up when you move the jog?

Quote Originally Posted by DJQA View Post
    Do the MIDI indicators on the VCI and in Traktor light up when you move the jog?
    On the VCI, a "sensor" light lights up, as does the "data send" light. In traktor the "CTRL" light only flashes when I put my hand on the wheel, but does not stay lit as I turn the wheel.

Tech Mentor

That's odd, if the VCI indicates it is sending MIDI when you turn the jog, but Traktor doesn't receive it. Could be a hardware issue of course, but you could try remapping the jog with the learn function inTraktor to see if there really are no messages coming in. Can't think of anything else, sorry.

Did you mess with your mappings, especially those related to Deck A, prior to this happening? I had this problem once and that was because I'd removed something (which I thought unnecessary then) which I mistakenly assumed to be part of a failed Reverse feature.
    Know thy music ...

Quote Originally Posted by DJQA View Post
    That's odd, if the VCI indicates it is sending MIDI when you turn the jog, but Traktor doesn't receive it. Could be a hardware issue of course, but you could try remapping the jog with the learn function inTraktor to see if there really are no messages coming in. Can't think of anything else, sorry.
    Thanks. I gave that a shot. Nothing

I actually did mess with the mappings. If I default all the mappings maybe this will fix it.