Multiple BCF 2000s & Ableton
    Tech Guru

Default Multiple BCF 2000s & Ableton

Since the Behringer BCF 2000s are pretty cheap I was thinking in getting 4 of them this way I can control 32 channels in ableton but my question is:

Is it possible to set it up this way so I would have a midi mixing console or will one BCF just do the same function as the other BCF (ex: BCF #1 controls the same faders as BCF #2)

and would I need 4 or can you scroll through ableton and the faders will adjust? (like apc40 style)

Thanks

by the way Im using Ableton!
    Last edited by Santos10; 08-16-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

I thought that the preset function on the thing did that, something like "go a page up". Bit, since you're considering to buy one already, I'd suggest that you get one and check if the preset function does what you want it to do, scroll through the faders. If not, buy another one!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ProNoob View Post
    I thought that the preset function on the thing did that, something like "go a page up". Bit, since you're considering to buy one already, I'd suggest that you get one and check if the preset function does what you want it to do, scroll through the faders. If not, buy another one!
    Thanks for the feedback appreciate it! Im deff getting atleast 2 this way I can control 16 channels at once but Im also hoping some BCF users can chime in!

by the way Im using Ableton!
    Last edited by Santos10; 08-16-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

Tech Guru

Totally possible to use multiple BCRs or BCFs together...

Tech Guru

I know its possible but will it run stable with ableton? and are the BCRs as easy to use as the BCFs?

Tech Guru

It's a controller. It's not going to contribute to instability, and it's as easy to use as you make it.

Tech Guru

you mis understood me when i say stable i meant more is it as easy to use with ableton just like it is with logic. I see people using it with logic and have no problems so i was just making sure that everything would work with the motorized faders in ableton.

And the next question i had was does the BCR have a auto map layout like the bcf ....bcf controls faders automatically does the bcr control certain params right away?

Easy as chips to use, just be sure to use the MIDIin, MIDIout and MIDIthrough correctly per controller.
    You will be able to find it in the manual received with your BCRs and BCFs.
    I don't know for sure, but I am thinking there was a limit to the total number of linked up BCXs.

You will have to make an appropriate mapping per Ableton Project, or make some kind of template you will be using from that point on.
    Last edited by tekki; 08-17-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

It's not "automap". It's using a defined standard called HUI. And yes, the BCR has a HUI mode.

Awww F-----, completely forgot about that one!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --