VCI 380 slicer like mapping on a VCI 400
    Tech Student

Default VCI 380 slicer like mapping on a VCI 400

Hi everyone!

I jut bought a VCI 400 a few days ago and i just find it amazing. The only thing is that i wanted to mapp my VCI 400 so it can make the slicer effect of the VCI 380 (the mapping sets a CUE point and allow to jump to beats 0 to 7 from that CUE point)
    I found a ready to use mapping but i didn't manage to make it work so i wanted to know if some of you knew how to mapp a slicer effect on the VCI 400 using the 8 buttons on the top of the jog.

Thanks!!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You need vci400 EGE firmware to for map such thing. It's something that regular vci400 cant do native. As far as I know.

Tech Student

I saw that someone did a slicer mapping using midipipe but that's the one i didn't manage to make work. Do you think i could install the VCI 400 EGE firmware on a classic VCI 400 and then map the slicer?

Yes, you could map it then but isn't like you can order vci400 upgrade firmware kit from store for now. Where did you saw midipipe solution for this?

Tech Student

I saw it on traktor bible (http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=478) but the guy who made it doesn't reply so i thought you guys would be more helpful.
    I'll try to upgrade my firmware and if it doesn't work i'll just forget the idea of a slicer on my VCI 400. =p
    Thank you very much for your very quick answer!

What seem not to work? Have you installed and imported midipipe file?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    What seem not to work? Have you installed and imported midipipe file?
    sorry to kinda high jack your thread...but i wanted to ask Stewe something

hey, on the VCI-400 EGE....they have those 4 little buttons (right above the jog wheel) as 4 different pages. then those 8 button work according to w/e pages you click on.

im trying to mimic that on my regular VCI....i can't seem to do it.

my idea was those using modifier M6-1, M6-2, M6-3, M6-4. but i cant get the button to trigger M6-1....only the option of "HOLD" so i have to hold the button. is there anyway to make it toggle?

or is there a whole separate idea of making the M6-1 to stay by 1 press and let of the button.

thanks man
    Last edited by Kensic; 08-16-2012 at 12:54 PM.

nvm figured it out how to have modifier state to do toggling

Hey Kensic, if you are interested in making multilayer mappings and got some questions I got thread about setting modifiers in four banks mode, there is a mapping in steps and for download.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55271

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey Kensic, if you are interested in making multilayer mappings and got some questions I got thread about setting modifiers in four banks mode, there is a mapping in steps and for download.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55271
    omg i think you just solve the new idea i had!!!!! cuz my old idea of coying what 400 EGE has for 4 pages. by using 4 different modifiers (M1-1,M2-1,M3-1,M4-1) BUT this is such a waste of modifiers and i pretty much can't use those modifier-state for other functions.

so i wanted to do all that with just 1 modifier....and your link might has solved it...going to try when i get home