VCI-400 EGE headphone extension issue
    Tech Student

Default VCI-400 EGE headphone extension issue

Hey folks,

Longtime listener, first-time caller. Ordered the VCI-400 EGE for my fiancee's birthday (what a gal, eh?), beautiful piece of work. I've had no major issues with it, except very recently it has taken to NOT working with a headphone extension cable. I did some searching and did find headphone issues, but did not see anything relevant to my situation.

Crappy skullcandy headphones, but they were working fine before. I don't recall if I changed any settings (still pretty new to traktor), but noticed one day that all of a sudden the audio in the headphones was horrible. Not clipping, but garbly, no bass, practically no vocals. I was using a traktor audio 2 at the time, and had to connect the headphones to that. I thought it was the audio2 or the headphones.

Now I'm hooked up via XLR and so using the headphones connected to the controller. Same problem. I still thought it was the headphones. I grabbed my fiancee's headphones, and they worked. Hooked up the extension cable to them, same problem. I tried my headphones without the cable, audio is perfect.

I went out and picked up a new extension, and same problem. The issue is that my headphones have a 12" cable on them, so I *need* an extension to run them until I can pick up new headphones. Has anyone experienced this, or is there a setting that might be screwing this up for me?

Cheers
    Nooth

Tech Wizard

at least you can cue with your vci 400ege..i still can't cue at all

Yea same here, i can't get a cue mix as well, have you figured this out yet?

Same problem here. I have a new set of Aiaiai's that worked just peachy on my S2 but no luch on my VCI-400 EGE. I've reloaded the profile sever times and still not working. I'm wondering if there is something in the setup that I'm missing????

P.S. Que buttons are on and volume is way way up

Tech Student
    Last edited by ducmor; 10-06-2012 at 11:05 AM.

That looks logical. Will try it when I get home and post results. I was hoping it was a setting and not my fine fine VCI-400.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ducmor View Post
    Thank you - I am unboxing tonight and was bound to fall foul of this!
    vci400se | envy beats i7 | traktor pro 2.5.1

Those settings fixed my problem but now my AIAIAI's are messed up. Something is loose in the headphones and the sound is all over the place. But alas, my VCI is whole again.

Tech Wizard

omg i feel like such a noob..i totally forgot to check the headphone volume in traktor..i assume that the gain was already mapped to the vci-400 lol