The Problem With Being A DJ and Being A Civilian - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Hmmm.....this is the father in me coming out, so if you don't like what I have to say, just ignore it please....

How does she know you are a DJ and expects you to know the house scene at Miami, if you are still only a "bedroom DJ" and actually don't know the scene at all? Could it be you were less humble/ truthful than you should have been to her about your experience as a DJ? I'd say, you created the situation you are in....yourself..... and you should find your way out.......yourself. My words of advice though are....

Tell her the truth. Tell her that you are actually a DJ noob (maybe not use that exact word), before you go on that date. Tell her it is actually a new experience for you too and thank her for suggesting doing it and it will be a very interesting night. Cause, if you keep up the charade, either she will stay totally blonde and you will be in luck or she will notice you are not really who she expects. Not good!

scamo
    The women in Miami never really struck me as the "let's sit down and talk about this" type...

Hehe....you might just be surprised, if you do.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

I think get Haze to recommend you a Housey night, and also tell her you're a noob to Djing, but you've been recommended a night, and that you can both go and check it out TOGETHER!

That way you take the pressure off, and you can both talk freely on whether you liked/disliked it.

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Hmmm.....this is the father in me coming out, so if you don't like what I have to say, just ignore it please....

How does she know you are a DJ and expects you to know the house scene at Miami, if you are still only a "bedroom DJ" and actually don't know the scene at all? Could it be you were less humble/ truthful than you should have been to her about your experience as a DJ? I'd say, you created the situation you are in....yourself..... and you should find your way out.......yourself. My words of advice though are....

Tell her the truth. Tell her that you are actually a DJ noob (maybe not use that exact word), before you go on that date. Tell her it is actually a new experience for you too and thank her for suggesting doing it and it will be a very interesting night. Cause, if you keep up the charade, either she will stay totally blonde and you will be in luck or she will notice you are not really who she expects. Not good!

scamo
    heh I read this with a Dr. Phil voice. lots of truth there
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123