LED to change colour dependant on function.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default LED to change colour dependant on function.

Okay so I have just mapped for buttons that will each indicate red dependant on deck focus. How do I mange to get these buttons to be green whilst not in deck focus. To be clear, at any one time 3 buttons will be green and the focued button will be red.

Whats the easiest way if I just want a button to be one particulr colour all the time without changing state when pressed.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Set four bank mode over your deck focus and map modifier output for each value to lite in those colors. I never really tested it but in theory it should work.

How to set 4 banks: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55271

M1=1 > Deck A
    M1=2 > Deck B
    M1=3 > Deck C
    M1=4 > Deck D

Now, when deck A is selected modifier value goes 1, so if you want that button to lite in red just adjust midi range and give it modifier conditions of M1=1 and also set the same modifier conditions to other three buttons just this time change range to give you green LED's. Repeat this step to rest of the buttons.

If everything's cool remember to delete deck focus output commands because modifier is doing job instead.

Hope it help.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Set four bank mode over your deck focus and map modifier output for each value to lite in those colors. I never really tested it but in theory it should work.

How to set 4 banks: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55271

M1=1 > Deck A
    M1=2 > Deck B
    M1=3 > Deck C
    M1=4 > Deck D

Now, when deck A is selected modifier value goes 1, so if you want that button to lite in red just adjust midi range and give it modifier conditions of M1=1 and also set the same modifier conditions to other three buttons just this time change range to give you green LED's. Repeat this step to rest of the buttons.

If everything's cool remember to delete deck focus output commands because modifier is doing job instead.

Hope it help.
    Hi stewe, thanks for reply, unfortunantly its kinda gone over my head. Ive given example of what im trying to do and what I have already done to give you a better idea how hopeless my situation is.

Im only using 3 decks, A,B & D.... my idea was to have my three top buttons on matrix of k2 (3 buttons below faders) indicate deck focus. These buttons I use for going fwd through cue points. I wanted them illuminted green all the time except for when that deck is in focus, once deck focus moves to other deck the led returns to green status.

First what I have done to get the LED always green was to add out

-Next/prev/cue/loop

-Respective midi note for green on k2 (c#8) - k2 dosnt use midi range to change clr but rather has three different notes for green, red and amber.

-controller range was already set to min: -1 max: 1

-I checked invert and blend, this way the led always remained on.

I then did the deck focus mapping and set LEDS to red, problem is that once deck focus red led state is given the respective button doesnt return to green once focus has moved on.

im going to try again to make sense of your four bank idea, see if icant put it together.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

so here is 4 bank mode example given

Add in modifier #1 (since ive used mod 1,2 & 3 already, i assume i make this mod 4)
    Type of controller - Button (Is this the actual button, do i assign note red(focus) or next cue (green)
    Interaction mode - Direct
    Set to value - 1
    Add out modifier #1 (to add out this moddo i assign note red(focus) or next cue (green)[/
    Controller range - 1 to 1

My apoligies if you cant make sense of what im trying to express, just when I thought I was getting the hang of midi mapping, adding out led functions is really difficult.

Thought, would it be easier just to have respective green led flash if in focus?

Yep, that can be alternative but your idea seem more cool. I'm sure there is few way to make it working. It's just matter if I have K2 it would be much easier for me to troubleshoot it...

Sorry if I wasn't any of help.

Tech Wizard

Just a quick idea:
    1: out "deck focus selector"; controller range 0-3 (depending which deck); assign to green note; invert(!) --> will be on all the time
    2: out "deck focus selector"; controller range 0-3 (depending which deck); assign to red note; no invert --> will be on when in focus
    My english is not the best - you're invited to laugh about it...

That was my thought as well, just instead of deck focus output I would use modifier output because there is no /in focus A,B.../ as modifier condition and with values 1,2,3 set to exact outputs traktor can tell when and which color needs to lite up.

Tech Wizard

but when does the focus switch? AFAIK you have to interact in any way to switch it. so this interaction (for example pressing the play button as in my script) would be the trigger for color change. but perhaps i didn't understand the problem.
    My english is not the best - you're invited to laugh about it...

Since there are three "next cue" buttons for each decks (A,B,D) deck focus select need to be mapped to this same buttons and to corresponding deck ofc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast