New podcast I started up with a friend, let me know what you think!
    Tech Guru

Default New podcast I started up with a friend, let me know what you think!

Just started this podcast up with a friend of mine, would really like any feedback you guys have to

TRACKLIST:
    (1) Autoerotique -- EKG
    (2) Tony Romera -- MAD
    (3) Dada Life -- Kick Out The Epic Motherf**ker (Otto Knows Remix)
    (4) Above & Beyond vs. Nari & Milani -- Sun and Brohammer (Cadence Bootleg)
    (5) Albin Myers -- The Beast
    (6) Clockwork -- BBBS
    (7) David Guetta -- She Wolf
    (8) Alesso -- Years
    (9) Arty -- Kate (Audiobot Re-Mode)
    (10) Dank vs. R3hab & Swanky Tunes vs. Ziggy --Shapin My Shivers Love (Henry Doce Mashup)
    (11) DJ Exodus, Leewise -- We Are Your Friends
    (12) Afrojack -- Rock The House
    (13) dBerrie vs. Ken Loi -- All It Takes Is Voices (Cadence Bootleg)
    (14) Jacob Van Hage -- Voodoo
    (15) Filo & Peri vs. Delerium -- The Summer of Silence (Filo & Peri Mashup)
    (16) Mercer & Mystique -- Here Comes That Sound
    (17) Michael Woods -- Goodbye
    (18) Eddie Thoneick & Norman Doray vs. Kaskade -- Raining Celsius (Cadence Bootleg)
    (19) Hardwell & Showtek -- How We Do
    (20) Zedd -- Spectrum (Armin Van Buuren Remix)

My wife and I did a long road trip that ended two days' ago (2,772 miles in five days), I loaded an old Nano with tons of podcasts. The ones we liked the most were the personal ones, those with a dialogue, someone talking about music and otherwise making it interesting. The ones we skipped were plain mixes with no interesting substance. Check out The Young Punx podcasts, for example.

Tech Guru

Yea I know how most people do their podcasts, I wanted to make it a bit different because its always bothered me when people talk about the music theyre playing. Much rather listen to the music personally..but if enough people feel the same way as you Id definitely looking into doing it that way

Quote Originally Posted by losxc451 View Post
    Yea I know how most people do their podcasts, I wanted to make it a bit different because its always bothered me when people talk about the music theyre playing. Much rather listen to the music personally..but if enough people feel the same way as you Id definitely looking into doing it that way
    Yes but we thought the other way around. Listening for long stretches of music with no context was so boring... While someone having a personal touch and talking about music now and then was fun.

Think that you have to compete with thousands of similar electronic podcasts. The more you make it unique and interesting, the more followers. I don't even care if people have bad radio voices, accents, stuttering, shy mic use or whatever, their personal is the interesting thing that bubbles up the podcast from myriads of me-too-music ones.

Tech Guru

Ill see if I try that out for one of them, is there anybody else that prefers podcasts with talking about the music (rather than just music)?

Check out DJHistory podcast which has a little bit less talk but informative. You don't need to get as far as the Young Punx podcasts that are my favorites -- those podcasts have character to the max.

Tech Guru

Got it, thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely be checking them out