S2 as a mixer with turntables & Audio 6?

Default S2 as a mixer with turntables & Audio 6?

Hi there I have a S2 with Traktor pro 2, my wife has just kindly bought me Traktor Scratch A6 for my turntables. Is there a way I can route my s2 through my Audio 6 sound card and input my turntables, then use the S2 as the mixer?

Thanks

This is my exact setup. Run the rca's from the turntables into the in's on the a6. Then run rca's to the out of your speakers. You need to plug the headphones into the a6, but can use the cue/mix knob on the s2 to control what is coming through them. Select the A6 as your sound card in preferences and route your sound accordingly and viola. I'm digging this setup quite a bit right now.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

If they are MIDI turntables then it's no problem, just assign them correctly.

If you mean regular TTs, then you'll have to ask someone else but I'm not sure since the S2 has no inputs.

Best of luck buddy!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    If they are MIDI turntables then it's no problem, just assign them correctly.

If you mean regular TTs, then you'll have to ask someone else but I'm not sure since the S2 has no inputs.

Best of luck buddy!
    Lol, if he has a A6 then there is no need for inputs on S2.
    Just use your internal mixer with and S2 and change the track decks in into timecode decks.
    Problem solved.

Cheers for the replies, will try it out tonight when I get 10 mins in my man cave ;-)

Default Did it work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Willis View Post
    Cheers for the replies, will try it out tonight when I get 10 mins in my man cave ;-)
    I know this was posted a long time ago but I'm looking to do this to my setup, so did it work ?

Tech Guru

Looking to do what? You can use the S2 as an internal mixer while using the Audio 6 for your audio inputs/outputs if you want to use timecode.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    I know this was posted a long time ago but I'm looking to do this to my setup, so did it work ?
    Yes mate, it worked perfectly, if you look at a comment a few up it tells you how to do it. I have now sold my S2 and just work off Traktor scratch pro with TT and a mixer but as said it did work really well for home use when I had it.