Slow to load. Slow to analyze. Just plain slow. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    what's the clock speed on the processor?
    Yeah in addition to RAM, which is used when accessing the actual audio files you're playing, processor is also pretty important if you're doing any processing (for lack of a better word) on the audio file- time stretching, pitch shifting, adding effects, etc. In addition to just speed, make sure you check if its dual-core or quad-core (quad-core obviously being better)- I know sometimes we just look at what number is higher and not the long words after the number!

I'm just gunna take a guess here and say if your computer came with 512mb with RAM I would guess that it's an old laptop so your cpu would be letting you down.

Don't focus to much on RAM, The basis of having a good CPU will help your problem.

Tech Wizard

I appreciate all the assistance, I have returned the computer.. 1.66Ghz was not cutting the processing ability. :P
    Got my money back, and going to divest a bit more money into a better piece of equipment. I guess as the story goes 'You get what you pay for'..

Thanks again guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by liam1895 View Post
    Don't focus to much on RAM, The basis of having a good CPU will help your problem.
    Not always though - the resource monitor on my CPU shows my RAM is being maxed even when the processor is easing along when I use Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFunky View Post
    Not always though - the resource monitor on my CPU shows my RAM is being maxed even when the processor is easing along when I use Traktor.
    Of course but his problem was CPU not memory. RAM store's tracks and samples on what ever your using so it still matters you have sufficient memory

Yup... that's true. I would sure like a better processor in my laptop, but I gather laptop processor upgrades are a tricky business and a new laptop isn't going to happen for now.

on the subject of ram, i noticed when fiddling about with resource monitor that traktor creates 3 processes per deck, one for transient, one for stripe and one which is the track itself - so if you're using wav's and have 4 decks running, thats a reasonable chunk of ram right there
    and those processes are disk based, so the read speed of your disk can also slow you down

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    Sounds like it's definitely your PC specs mate.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    what's the clock speed on the processor?
    and this. certainly wouldn't hurt to know the model name either. if you are running traktor on a f** old pentium that might cause some problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12