Using 2 CDJs and 1 TT with TSP2!?

Default Using 2 CDJs and 1 TT with TSP2!?

Hey!

Right, Basically, Ive got TSP2, Audio 10, Pioneer CDJ 800 & CDJ 1000, Pioneer DJM 500, and a Vestax TT.

My DJM5000 only has 3 'Line Inputs' so i can only use 3 of the channels and 3 Track decks, Im currently using Deck A & B as Track Decks with my CDjs, and Deck C running Maschine as a live Input. I really want to be able to use all 4 decks, so I was thinking how can I set up my TT to take up the 4th deck of Traktor running through to the 'phono' input on channel 4 of my DJM. Is this possible and if so, how?

I've read somewhere on here that a TTs can only go on on Deck A & B.

I basically want to keep Deck A & B as CDJs, Deck 3 as maschine live input and Deck D as a TT.

This possible, if not then whats the best way?

Thanks!

Okay well I'm not sure on the restrictions the deck c and d have with turntables but if that's the case what you could do is hook up deck A's out puts to channel 4's phono input (tt control), if you don't mind have it out of order, small learning curve really. Then adapt to channel 1 being deck b control (cdj), channel 2 being deck c (2nd cdj), channel 3 being your Maschine live input. That's if the only phono input you have is channel 4, and traktor's decks a and are the only turntable compatible.

I use a tt on channel D running through my S4 in Live Input so I don't belive its restricted.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Well, I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to accomplish. If you're thinking that using a timecode vinyl to control Traktor's deck D would have it put out phono-level audio, you're wrong. So the only way to use that extra channel would be to play regular vinyl through it in addition to whatever you do with Traktor. And in that case you just have to connect the turntable with the mixer, no fiddling with Traktor necessary
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by Fraktionz View Post
    Okay well I'm not sure on the restrictions the deck c and d have with turntables but if that's the case what you could do is hook up deck A's out puts to channel 4's phono input (tt control), if you don't mind have it out of order, small learning curve really. Then adapt to channel 1 being deck b control (cdj), channel 2 being deck c (2nd cdj), channel 3 being your Maschine live input. That's if the only phono input you have is channel 4, and traktor's decks a and are the only turntable compatible.
    Hm, thats going to take some getting used to, as well as have to re-assign the kontrol x1's to new decks.I will only be wanting to do this when im at home mixing, when im playing out i can use the clubs mixer and there normally djm 800s so 4 line inputs.

I think this would be too much mucking about and changing from how i have traktor set up at home, and then when i play out.

At the moment, ive got:

Deck A - Channel 1 (CDJ)
    DEck B - Channel 2 (CDJ)
    Deck C - Channel 3 (Live input for maschine)
    DEck - not being used because i only have 3 line inputs.

I have 3 Phono inputs tho, my DJM500 goes like this:

CH-1
    CD 1/Line - Line (i have traktor deck A with CDJ on this channel)

CH-2
    CD 2/Line - Phono 1 (Traktor deck B with CDJ on this channel)

CH-3
    Line - Phono 2 (Traktor Deck C with live input running Maschine on this channel)

CH-4
    Sub Mic - Phono 3 (nothing on this channel).

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Well, I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to accomplish. If you're thinking that using a timecode vinyl to control Traktor's deck D would have it put out phono-level audio, you're wrong. So the only way to use that extra channel would be to play regular vinyl through it in addition to whatever you do with Traktor. And in that case you just have to connect the turntable with the mixer, no fiddling with Traktor necessary
    I just want to be able to basically use 2 CDjs and a TT spread over 3 of the Traktor Decks, and the 4th one il change to Mschine live input, so

Deck A - CDJ
    DEck B - CDJ
    Deck C - TT
    DEck D - Maschine

This isnt going to be possible is it?

Im fine with changing the decks arond a bit, so like

Deck A - TT
    DEck B - CDJ
    Deck C - CDJ
    DEck D - Maschine,

thats cool for me to get used to.

But yes, saying that, i totally didnt think of just hooking up the TT to CH-4 of my mixer and just using regular vinyl, i havent got much of my style of music on vinyl, but a lot of old school electro and b-boy stuff, which im starting to bring into my sets, scratching etc.
    Thanks for reminding me, maybe all this using 2 CDJs and a TT with my mixer is going to be too much of a nightmare to configure properly, and i should just wait until I can afford a new mixer, DJM900 nexus im thinking, or an Allen and Heath mixer, 4 lINE inputs, and then weyyy :-)

Unless someone knows a not so difficult way to get my original idea working?

Thanks!

Set it up as follows

Channel 1 = cdj = deck a
    Channel 2 = cdj = deck b
    Channel 3 = machine = deck c
    Channel 4 = TT = deck d

I run my TT's on decks c and d without any trouble