Ableton Experts needed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ableton Experts needed.

Hi Guys,

I hope one of you can help me, i'm going nuts.

Ableton Live 7 (upgrade soon hopefully )

MIDI Clip triggering a synth:

The first note, doesn't trigger properly when you launch the MIDI clip, it triggers fine when the loop comes back round.

At first play it just gives a little "clip" noise, then plays the second note fine.

Argh why!?!??!?!?!

Any help much appreciated

Rj

sounds to me like you need to change your start point on the clip .

also make sure your start point and the loop point both start on the very start of your clip

Cheers, I had thought of that but maybe my mouse track pad isnt letting me slide em all the way across, will have to wait until i can get a proper mouse tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblejazz View Post
    Cheers, I had thought of that but maybe my mouse track pad isnt letting me slide em all the way across, will have to wait until i can get a proper mouse tomorrow
    right click the wav form and use the option to make your cursor stick to the grid so this isnt an issue.

Tech Convert

make sure your first midi note is actually hitting on the one, and not a fraction before. quantize everything, or if that's not your style, just quantize that first note.

Wat B and Kvitamin said.... (Was too late to enswer this one. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

ok well done! Kvitamin wins round one. Round TWO:

I have a synth, and It's easy to automate a jump from 0 semi tune tuning to 7, but how can i just set up two buttons, midi pads, or keyboard notes, to make it jump between 0 and 7.

I am playing a midi clip with a melody sent to the synth. It has four oscillators and i just want to change the tuning on one of the oscillators.

I have isolated the OSC4 pitch control, and can MIDI learn it etc. Just want to be able to jump instantly.

Bit harder?

Tech Mentor

Are you familiar with using racks?

nah, you want to make a dummy channel with dummy clips.

The dummy clip will have a midi CC signal of pitch UP and a dummy clip with pitch DOWN.

Then use external control to control the synth in the first chanel. Then midi learn the OSC4 to the dummy clips CC signal. voialla. single button action.

You can even use different kinds of launching of those dummy clips to do interesting things, or "gate" it so you have to hold it down to send the signal.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast