Nano Kontrol unreadable in dj software
    Tech Student

Default Nano Kontrol unreadable in dj software

I just bought myself a korg nano kontrol 1 to use as djcontroller but im having problems. After installing the driver i downloaded Mixxx and when i would midimap the korg it would only map the faders, so i tried using virtual dj but it couldnt see the controller at all. Im downloading traktor Le now but actually id rather use Mixxx since its free. Can anyone help me?? im quite the noob still...
    thnx alot!

Tech Wizard

Get some kind of software that can monitor MIDI-signals, check what signals sends when you use the different buttons/faders/keys.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by djfreesoul View Post
    Get some kind of software that can monitor MIDI-signals, check what signals sends when you use the different buttons/faders/keys.
    well i downloaded the korg kontrol editor, but it wouldnt read my controller... i really need help

what version of mixxx are you running? if 1.10.1 (or a 1.11 beta) and it's not registering when you use the new point&click learning then that's pretty odd...

you can make mixxx dump out all midi messages that it is seeing by running from a command line with:

* for 1.10: mixxx --midiDebug
    * for 1.11: mixxx --controllerDebug

if you don't then see any output when you press the buttons then the midi isn't getting to mixxx at all. sounds pretty odd that the korg editor can't connect to it, i've never had issues with that. i use mixxx and have a nanokontrol mk1, but have never (yet) tried to map it in mixxx.

you could also try downloading my midimasher (see sig) and just run the dump(.exe), choose your controller and see what midi it dumps out when moving controls, just to try and see where the issue is.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

Nanokontrol is pretty straight forward. What system are you working on? Plug-in and check if driver is installed correctly.

Maybe try on different port. If device is recognised and still not working properly check with Midi monitor.