£120 on headphone cables in 7 months!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default £120 on headphone cables in 7 months!!

i just thought i'd have a rant really i've just ordered my 3rd hd25 cable THIS YEAR!! it's killing me, but then at the same time it's my own fault for being a f**kwit and tripping over it all the time when im jumping around like a clown, i have the sp model so the cables come out of the bottom of the cups, but i have just ordered the asymmetrical cable and i'll tape it to the headband!!

get a coiled one, seriously

i thought about it but i absolutely hate them, maybe when i break this one like i said i think i just need to stop being an arse and take care of my cans better, rather than just screwing them up and throwing them in my bag!

Be more careful with your cans man! I'v had my headphones for near 3 years and not a single sign of wear and tear yet..

Tech Guru

ive had my HD25s for 6/7 years, the only thing is in the last 6 months ive replaced all the pads...thats it. they've survived the cargohold of a few airliners in the front pouch of my udg bag...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    ive had my HD25s for 6/7 years, the only thing is in the last 6 months ive replaced all the pads...thats it. they've survived the cargohold of a few airliners in the front pouch of my udg bag...
    he has the SP model... the connection isnt as good.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Quote Originally Posted by narrah View Post
    he has the SP model... the connection isnt as good.
    this.. turns out i would've save money by just buying the more expensive model, it's because the plugs come out the bottoms of the cups, however like i said i've bought the other cable and clamps, so will just cable tie/ gaffer tape to the headband for now and pick up the other headband when i can

even hd25's sometimes have connection issues, my HD25 that i got in 2007 (thats like 5 years ago now) had this problem since the first day, occasionally the sound on the right side would cut off and i'd have to re-fix and wiggle wiggle to connection and then it will be ok for a few weeks, and then randomly it would happen again, i kinda got used to it so i was ok but the past few months it was happening so often that it kinda made me angry

i replaced the cable and now it seems to be okay again, for how long im not sure lol, but a quick google on the topic will lead you to many many discussions about these apparent problems with the connections, so it is quite common
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    i just thought i'd have a rant really i've just ordered my 3rd hd25 cable THIS YEAR!! it's killing me, but then at the same time it's my own fault for being a f**kwit and tripping over it all the time when im jumping around like a clown, i have the sp model so the cables come out of the bottom of the cups, but i have just ordered the asymmetrical cable and i'll tape it to the headband!!

Man, I have a pain in my face with my Senn's SPs, I have had 2 cables replaced at 45 notes each and now on my 3rd installment has gone. I take care of my SPs and have had them for over 4 years and prior to theses cables got a good 3 years with no issues. Now all of a sudden cables keep dying. Its money making scam by Sennhieser as the SPs are being used as every day cans for people as an alt to beats by gay.

PISSED!!! but picking up Pioneers HDJ 1500 when i can.

Can you use the Colied cable with the SP's like you can with the Pro version?
    Mygaff Radio - Wednesday Nights 6 - 8pm [GMT] via www.playfmdublin.com

The SP's are the ones that swivel all the way around right?

I had a pair...but that swivel did my nut in.

Loved that you could unplug the cables tho!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast