pretty upset.

Thread: pretty upset.

Tech Wizard

Default pretty upset.

ok well i have a maya 7.1 usb sound card and it started making a whining noise out of nowhere. it was weird so i bought a numark dj io off this guy on craigslist for 50 dollars today and i come home and hook it up and it makes a weird crackling noise. idk what to do

try new drivers, if they are new drivers try older drivers, if that fails try the same thing on another computer - if that fails try to get your $$$ back.

Tech Wizard

thats the thing i tried new and old drivers and i tried it on my moms laptop and i get the same result. i tried to ask him for my money back but he never emailed me back

Tech Guru

Which program? is it only in traktor that you are getting the crackling noises? Have you tried itunes, if Itunes works, then what are you laptop specs, and what is the audio latency set to in traktor (if you are using traktor)?
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Wizard

i havent tried using itunes but yeah i use traktor, and when i turn the headphone volume up itll crackle too.

have you tried adjusting the latency settings on the device upwards ?

Tech Wizard

no i havent. its at 5 right now. ill play with it again in a bit and let you know how it goes

Tech Wizard

another thing that really annoyed me was that the headphone output crackled as well.

If the headphone output crackles too, my guess is that it is a latency problem. I'm no latency expert, but both outputs would be affected by latency problems.

Btw, my first guess when reading your problem was bad RCA's/Output cables, or even a problem with whatever was producing the sound (stereo, PA, etc.) but since the headphones are doing it too, nevermind.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Tech Wizard

i feel dumb i replied to another thread of mine. but thanks to all that helped me. my dumbass had the old driver and im thinking its new, so i hopped on numarks site and seen a newer one and everything works flawlessly, thanks to DJTT, i love this forum!