NI's Pioneer Video - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    You can use the CDJ's built-in audio interfaces. You can use another interface of course but I tried this with 2000s and *just* my laptop with no issues at a gig.
    Yes, you aggregate the two CDJ's together to appear as one interface in traktor. 2 x USB from cdjs into laptop. Laptop sends HID info to CDJs as well as audio to their respective audio interface. Sound then goes to mixer at line inputs. Alterantively could use them just as controllers and hook up a third usb from a 850/900. Using just the two CDJ route allows for swapping out easier with other traktor dj's. My biggest thing for this HID is that i don't have to look at the laptop screen with this set up. The laptop can be off to the side with lights dimmed and screen tilted away.

The way I'm understanding it is, three to five usb for each CDJ and mixer, the audio is exported using the 900's soundcard. Looks like there should be a way to get it to link, but it don't from what I see. That would be hot, USB from the mixer, the rest some kind of bridge from that, but that is next level stuff from what I see, at least this all almost there, which is closer than it was a year ago. All this means roll into the club, set up a powered hub, laptop, plug in their CDJ and mixer via USB, your X1, midifighter or what ever, then jam out. It really shouldn't be that long of a transition and can be pretty quick, but still tinkering with things more than I like even though I'm super excited.

Wow, this is cool!

(Though using 2000s as just MIDI controllers with built-in audio interfaces seems excessively expensive! )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    the cdj acts as a controller, you would still need the an external audio soundcard or a mixer such as the djm nexus to use as a soundcard.
    this isnt the way its made out in the video

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    You can use the CDJ's built-in audio interfaces. You can use another interface of course but I tried this with 2000s and *just* my laptop with no issues at a gig.
    so the decks were set up to play cd's and all you did was plug usb into the 2 cdj's and switch them to usb mode? this is what im hoping its like, if it is im buying some 400's and a cheap djm

If you connect the 2 cdj's via usb to the laptop and traktor and then they send the sound to the mixer, does it even have to be a pioneer mixer?

The way i saw it, it was explaining two different ways of connecting.

1. Using the cdj's to the laptop to pull music from it and play through there sound card.

2. Setting up the djm as a scratch certified mixer. i.e. how to use the djm as mixer with a traktor audio card built in.
    Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

Quote Originally Posted by mwn11 View Post
    If you connect the 2 cdj's via usb to the laptop and traktor and then they send the sound to the mixer, does it even have to be a pioneer mixer?

The way i saw it, it was explaining two different ways of connecting.

1. Using the cdj's to the laptop to pull music from it and play through there sound card.

2. Setting up the djm as a scratch certified mixer. i.e. how to use the djm as mixer with a traktor audio card built in.
    thats the way i interpreted it. thinking im going to trade in my s4 for some 400's, an X1 and probably a dim-250. once the cdj's are hooked up if you add an X1 i see the mixer only really acts as a crossfader/monitor/eq box so no need for anything fancy

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Wow, this is cool!

(Though using 2000s as just MIDI controllers with built-in audio interfaces seems excessively expensive! )
    It was not the objective/reason of the update. I don't have any soundcard because I always use my S4. Now I can leave it at home and use the club mixer and CDJ's...

Tech Wizard

I, for one, think this is completely awesome. From a technical standpoint it eliminates a hell of a lot of complexity for Traktor users to play out. A few outlets and some usb cables and you're good to go. With the X1\F1, Xone 1d, MF line, the new Behringer modulers I see MAD potential to roll up with a really compact setup and have infinite options for workflow.

What's even more awesome to me is that I can see this being the tipping point for Traktor being viewed as a "real" option. There's still this perception that if you don't roll up and do it on the CDJ's you aren't a "real" DJ. This kicks that door wide open. I can't fathom how the snobbery can continue when a Traktor DJ can roll up to the club gear, plug in a few USB cables and do it to it. My hope is that it becomes just about "who can rock the house" instead of "who can rock the house using exactly this equipment and workflow".

Good times ahead

So just to clarify, I can rock up to a club with an X1 and, assuming they have CDJ 900/2K, just plug them straight into a laptop with Traktor and go crazy?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    So just to clarify, I can rock up to a club with an X1 and, assuming they have CDJ 900/2K, just plug them straight into a laptop with Traktor and go crazy?

hmmm, maybe do a little more research before that. If the venue doesn't have a DJM900, then you need to learn how to create an aggregate sound device with your laptop (making the 2 cdj separate soundcards into one).

I have played alot with CDJ900/DJM900/CDJ2000/DJM800 combos, and would not recommend a traktor controller user just show up and expect it to work. Being a modular setup, there are more variables to go wrong, and if you dont know your stuff, there is alot to go wrong. Having said that, i do think CDJs and DJM900 is the most premium traktor experience i have ever had.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast