Help a$ap! Using two controllers in traktor (admins please look at this)
    Tech Student

Default Help a$ap! Using two controllers in traktor (admins please look at this)

hello everybody. so my friend and i both own maschine and have both been using them on our own for djing. i have my own .tsi file, and everything runs super smoothly. I've read a bunch of different posts/articles on the topic of using two controllers, but they all have to do with using two different controllers. I know that i must import the second tsi file using the small import, not the large, and i need to put them each in their own midi channel. my problem is that as soon as i plug in the second maschine, the first maschine stops responding completely. normally, when its in midi (w/o traktor open), the parameters still respond, but when the second maschine gets plugged in, it over rides the first one, and the first one totally stops responding (meaning led's dont light up; if a pad was lit when i plug in the second one, it stays lit, and doesn't respond to me pressing it). what do i need to do to get them to both run together? im really trying to avoid setting the second one up as generic midi and remapping it, but if thats the only option then, well, sucks for me. BUT ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Tech Mentor

both are on the same midi channel and cc# or note. you need a third party software like bomes midi translator to set up multiple like midi devices.

Not necessarily, If you can set the midi channels that each machine uses(I don't know and won't read the manual for you) to different midi channels then just duplicate on of the TSI's you want to use and change the midi channels that it's mapped to to the ones you set for the other "machine" you want to control. That's what I had to do using 2 Denon SC2000's.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by hrtbrkd View Post
    both are on the same midi channel and cc# or note. you need a third party software like bomes midi translator to set up multiple like midi devices.
    ok, so i went to bomes website, and for the download it says trial version stops running after 20 minutes, and i really dont wanna spend cash on software like this, so my question is would that software have to be running the whole time i would be using both maschines?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Not necessarily, If you can set the midi channels that each machine uses(I don't know and won't read the manual for you) to different midi channels then just duplicate on of the TSI's you want to use and change the midi channels that it's mapped to to the ones you set for the other "machine" you want to control. That's what I had to do using 2 Denon SC2000's.
    sorry mate, but im a little confused on what exactly you mean, could you explain this a little more?

Tech Student

top. i really need to figure this out

Duplicate the mapping.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Duplicate the mapping.
    Good idea....wonder if it's possible