VCI-400 vs Traktor Kontroll S4

Default VCI-400 vs Traktor Kontroll S4

I'm in the market to expand my DJ setup.

What i want is a kontroll that will allow me to kontroll Traktor pro to its full capabillities.

At the Moment i use a Mixtrack Pro and a Novation Lunchpad(mapped with DJTT mapping with insta FX etc)...

soi wonder what controller i should buy, the VCI 400(maybe EGE?) or the Traktor Kontroll s4?

what do you think will compliment the Lunchpad and traktor?....i'm not a big scratcher btw...

My budget is 1000 - 1500 $ so take that into account if you have any suppliments for one of the kontrollers...

Tech Convert

thats pretty funny I am in the same rutt. I would say the vci 400 EGE looks like a great controller similar to the s4 but with more expression. I think as a controller alone I looks like more fun and more useful, however I think the s4 + MF3D looks like a great bundle which could be much better if you are a knowledgeable mapper and can recreate some of the expressive sections of the 400 with the 3D. I also think that the current DJTT s4 mapping is not the best mapping from the way I understand it, I could very well be wrong but I believe that the sample play/cue points 5-8 buttons are always in jog effects mode and cannot be toggled out of it, this does seem to be a fairly easy problem to resolve with some mapping knowledge but otherwise could be quite frustrating.

yeah, i dont know what to do, but is there anything diffrent between the MF3D and MFC than the motion controll?

Tech Convert

yes there is. To be honest I dont love the motion control, however it has 4 banks + 6 additional shift modes.