MF3D Launcher - Advanced Ableton Mapping (script) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ghztomash View Post
    It is limited to the 20 predefined colors
    Yeah that´s cool, at least one colour for each button on the 4x4 grid. Oh, and also, be able to see the 3D animations when bank 2 is full with clips would be a good idea too I reckon.
    I´m just saying, coz I´ve got no idea on how to do it. You´re the guys with the expertise... people like me depend on you guys to use cool Dj toys like this one. So thanks for making it happen, woop woop!

Tech Wizard

This mapping looks great, I've just started using ableton and don't really have any production hardware so the fact I can use my midi fighter for production is a huge plus. Thanks mate!

Hey, what is that I need to edit or delete all together from the script to completely erase the Track Control Page, bank 3? I was thinking to enable that page to control a Battery 3 drum machine kit, boom!

Hey guys I´m sorry, any chance you could take a look at my last message please? Can wait to start experimenting my that new layout. Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Valencia View Post
    Hey guys I´m sorry, any chance you could take a look at my last message please? Can wait to start experimenting my that new layout. Thanks!
    Hey Chico,
    Sorry for the late reply.
    To completely un-map the 3rd bank, open the MIDI_Map.py file in any code(or text) editor, and set each value in TRACKSEL, TRACKMUTE, TRACKSOLO and TRACKREC to -1. Like this:
    TRACKSEL = (-1, #Track 1 Select
    -1, #Track 2
    -1, #Track 3
    -1, #Track 4
    )

save your file and reload the script in Live. NOTE: make sure to keep the same indentation, and don't introduce any tabs. Python is very strict with that.

Now I have never used Battery 3, but if its a VSTi if you have Track enabled under the Midi preferences, all the un-mapped buttons should go through as Note on's, or else you could do some re routing.

tomash- is it difficult to change the channel of the four bank buttons? channel 4 is conflicting with my VCI-400 and causing me serious issues... i need to change it to something between ch7-ch12...everything should be gravy after this, thanks again!!
    DJ Rig: Vestax VCI-400, NanoKontrol2, MidiFighter 3D, saxophone, SoftStep, Korg Monotron
    Studio/PA Rig: Remote SL MKii, BCR-2000, MBox3 Pro
    Laptop: HP HDX 16 custom / 3 Ghz / 6 GB / Win7 64 bit
    Software: Ableton 8.2.7, Traktor Pro 2.5, JackRouter 3.4.1 Audition CS5, Resolume Arena
    Soundcloud - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by ghztomash View Post
    Hey Chico,
    Sorry for the late reply.
    To completely un-map the 3rd bank, open the MIDI_Map.py file in any code(or text) editor, and set each value in TRACKSEL, TRACKMUTE, TRACKSOLO and TRACKREC to -1. Like this:
    TRACKSEL = (-1, #Track 1 Select
    -1, #Track 2
    -1, #Track 3
    -1, #Track 4
    )
    Hey bro, I did that but nothing changed... did I miss something?

MF3D Script.jpg

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by alienjournalism View Post
    tomash- is it difficult to change the channel of the four bank buttons? channel 4 is conflicting with my VCI-400 and causing me serious issues... i need to change it to something between ch7-ch12...everything should be gravy after this, thanks again!!
    not at all open your MF Utility, and change the MIDI Channel option to lets say, 12, so the Bank and Side buttons will become channel 13. Verify that it is correct, and then head over to the mapping files and edit MIDI_Map.py. Find BUTTONCHANNEL and set it to = 11 ( or the channel value you chose -1), you should also do the same for PADCHANNEL, and finally SLIDERCHANNEL to 12. Save and reload the script.
    This should do the trick, if you still have some trouble let me know

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Valencia View Post
    Hey bro, I did that but nothing changed... did I miss something?

MF3D Script.jpg
    hey man, you actually have to change the values like 68,69,70, etc to -1. Like in the example I gave above. #Track 1 is just a comment in code to let you know to which track the value is mapped to.

Let me know how it goes

Dude, that works amazing now! I´m well happy with my set up now...

So I´ve set up an 8x4 kit in Battery across banks 3 & 4. That way I figured that I could have a bit more freedom playing with what effectively are 2 Drum Kits, and then the clips from Ableton... boom!

Thanks a lot man

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast