MF3D Launcher - Advanced Ableton Mapping (script)
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Thumbs up MF3D Launcher - Advanced Ableton Mapping (script)

Hello everybody,
    I've put together this script to thank DJTT for the Midi Fighter 3D they gave me as a prize for the previous video competition entry; and give you guys something cool and useful. This script is packed with features like global controls, tempo controls, launching stopping clips, track controls, drum rack and little stuff like master VU meter and blinking metronome. Its based on my previous script for the MF Pro.

More precisely it consits of 4 pages.
    Page 1: is the General control page and consists of tempo controls, global play, stop and record and the controls to move around the "red box"
    Page 2: is the Clip control page, you have a 4x3 grid and the top row is the stop button for each track.
    Page 3: is the Track control page. Each row corresponds to one of the rows inside of the red box. And it consits of Track select, Mut, Arm and Solo.
    Page 4: is the Drum Rack page. It plays the highlighted 4x4 grid in the drum rack. Make sure that the drum track is Armed and the Track input is On in the Midi preferences page.

Also the tilt Left|Right|Front|Back messages get automatically mapped to the first effect device of the selected track.

Please let me know if you find this useful or have any suggestions or requests!
    A lot of this code was inspired by and "borrowed" from Hanz Petrov, Will Marshall and the Livid Framework. Without them this wouldn't exist.

Here is a video tutorial (currently upload in process)

and mapping diagrams

download: http://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/664
    4x4 grid edit: http://tomashg.com/MF3D_Launcher_4x4.rar
    Last edited by ghztomash; 10-17-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Tech Convert

Looks very cool! I will give it a try.

Thanks!

woooooooowwwwww...... this is amazing man!!!!!! thank you you are the best!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Mentor

Cheers guys! I'm glad you like it!

hej tomash,

love you template. some questions here.

1) in your vid @2.10 you are talking about the 4th page. the drum rack. which in order to play it i have to arm the drum track on the 3rd page. can you please give more information where to drag the drumracks exactly? just gave it a try, created 3 more midi tracks and dragged 3 more drumracks into the miditracks in the template, which i can arm via the 3rd page as you described. so far so good.
    but the when playing the drums, the your original drumrack #1 is also triggered.

2.) @3.00 / @3.13 you perform kind of an traktor-midifighter-combo-effect pressing the master vu-meter buttons in a combo. how did you do that?

thanks.
    monoaural
    Last edited by monoaural; 09-21-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    MacBookPro 13" i7, OSX 10.9, Traktor Pro 2.6.5, Ableton 9, monome gs128, Army of midifighters, OP-1, Octatrack, iPad

edit:

ok. i see. i think i found my answer to my question 1)

i just have to change the monitor in track#1 from "IN" to "AUTO", drag 3 more drumrack-midi-tracks and "arm" the desired track via page #3. doing this i found out, that at the 3rd page it is possible to arm more than 1 track at the same time. nice.

still wondering about my question 2) ?
    MacBookPro 13" i7, OSX 10.9, Traktor Pro 2.6.5, Ableton 9, monome gs128, Army of midifighters, OP-1, Octatrack, iPad

Can anyone tell me the values to change in the python script to

1. replace the clip stop row with clips
    2. make red box cover 4 scenes
    3. make lower right side button gate instead of toggle

ive been hitting tomash up on the forums and his website to no avail, even tried djtt tech support.

if anybody can help with this it would be massive....
    DJ Rig: Vestax VCI-400, NanoKontrol2, MidiFighter 3D, saxophone, SoftStep, Korg Monotron
    Studio/PA Rig: Remote SL MKii, BCR-2000, MBox3 Pro
    Laptop: HP HDX 16 custom / 3 Ghz / 6 GB / Win7 64 bit
    Software: Ableton 8.2.7, Traktor Pro 2.5, JackRouter 3.4.1 Audition CS5, Resolume Arena
    Soundcloud - Facebook

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by monoaural View Post
    edit:
    @3.00 / @3.13 you perform kind of an traktor-midifighter-combo-effect pressing the master vu-meter buttons in a combo. how did you do that?
    nothing fancy really, those are just "manually" mapped different beat repeat effect devices.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by alienjournalism View Post
    Can anyone tell me the values to change in the python script to

1. replace the clip stop row with clips
    2. make red box cover 4 scenes
    3. make lower right side button gate instead of toggle

ive been hitting tomash up on the forums and his website to no avail, even tried djtt tech support.

if anybody can help with this it would be massive....
    sorry again for taking such a long time to reply, I've been out of country backpacking.
    so i made a quick patch to enable a 4x4 grid for those who want it. just follow all the instructions normally first and then add this folder into your MIDI Remote Scripts folder http://tomashg.com/MF3D_Launcher_4x4.rar

now for your last question I'm not quite sure what you mean, can you be more specific?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nowosph22 View Post
    well with traktor I cant seem to be able to that
    because this is for Ableton Live

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast