Choosing my equipment!
    Tech Mentor

Default Choosing my equipment!

Hello people!! I'm a 14 Years Old DJ from Spain since two years ago and I want to change my setup. I actually have played for eight months with the Hercules mp3 e2 and Virtual DJ Pro 7. Also I've been producing with FL Studio 10. I play often Electro & Progressive House, but also Tech House, Trance and Dubstep. The problem is I cannot spend too much money on buying a better controller! Soo, I thought that as I want to play with traktor 2.5 and produce (and maybe acting live, who knows?) on Ableton Live, I'd like to buy a Novation Launchpad, because I also found a cool mapping here. Also I could buy a M-Audio Oxygen 25, because it's a cheap keyboard that would reach to play some chords or something. What do you think? Good or bad idea? and btw I'd like to know if it's possible to map the remix decks in the Launchpad, it's not very important but it would be awesome! Thank you!!

Remix decks can only work 100% with the F1 for now, or alot of the functions with a midifighter 3D.
    You can map the first 4 slots of the remix decks to any controller you wish.
    You can also map the M-Audio keyboard to Traktor as well as using it for producing.

There are plenty of folks who use Abelton to DJ also.

You will need a sound card if you don't already own one, so figure that into your budget.

Not sure what else to tell you as your post was a bit of rambling lol. Maybe ask some specific questions so we can help you better.

Tech Mentor

Why it's needed a Soundcard? I mean, if I already have the Hercules mp3 e2 it's not possible to control the mixer through it? If not, which soundcard do I need? Does it reach with Audio 2 or should I take Audio 8 or something likely? btw Thanks for answering!!