Advice on my setup !!

Default Advice on my setup !!

Hey this is my first thread on this site so I hope it's in the right area for this topic. I recently bought the vci-300 and I am finding it great for mixing, but the lack of fx and sample triggering really un-inspiring. I have just come out of uni studying creative sound and music and a lot of my live set consists of mash-up style sampling and triggered visuals. I wanted to know if by selling my vci-300, and investing in the arcade edition of the 100 would really improve my live set substantiously ?

I hope someone can share some advice on this matter

Cheers

Yup you will be able to use effects and arcade buttons rock big time

The VCI-100 also has more knobs which is nice for effects and you can use Ean Goldens layout which is pretty well decent and will save you huuge amounts of time.

Welcome to DJTT

Tech Guru

Hmm, I would say that the 300 is definitely not as good as the 100, but it depends on your situation, are you wanting a single piece of kit? if so the 100 arcade is the best bet. Otherwise you might invest in a 2nd piece of kit. (Nanopad). In fact the switch to both would be really great, as you can have tons of available sample and fx in a nice compact setup.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Hey cheers for the reply that is really helpful guys thnx!!! Yeh I am looking for more fx and buttons to bash in my set I feel really held back with the 300 and I Havn't found it much of a performance tool either. My myspace is www.myspace.com/tiotcmusic I guess this would give you an idea of the track I am trying to put together live.

Look forward to any more thoughts

Cheers

P.s if there any videos you could suggest that might sway my opinion that would help to

Will you be performing with Traktor or Live? VCIs are great for traktor, but your style of sample, and effect + visual triggering sounds more as a live rig... if that the case, there are plenty of controlers with lots of knobs and buttons which are gerat for live, take the BCR2000 as example...

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products...00.aspx#photos

Hey cheers for the reply I was looking more towards traktor as I am still looking to do DJ work in clubs but with a little more style not just dropping tracks.I have a Roland SP-555 to trigger my visuals with Grand VJ. But using the vci-300 I just don't get any thrill of 'performance'.
    P.S. I am looking to sell my numark cdx's to pay for the full vci 100 setup would you advise this ?
    Cheers again

Of course, for Traktor there are no second thoughts. VCI-100 is the way to go. I own one for more than a couple of years now (uff dindīt notice how old it was) and it has become my right hand (litterally, left hand is on the mixer and the right goes to the vci and mixer). Now i am so tempted in buying a second one, even more now that the Djtt edition has blue leds... mmm lovely.

Sweet cheers for the advice I just hope that I am able to sell on my cdx's to gain better equipment to help me go further in the music industry as I have only just graduted uni thnx again