Best gear to get moving into live situation? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

in any booth, the sound shouldn't be so loud that it shakes your jog wheels... you'll be ok with the mixtrack pro.

i just inherited one from a relative who wanted to get into DJ'ing but couldn't. i used it saturday at a benefit gig and it was fine, sound-wise. there's actually a decent card in there.

if you want to broaden your horizons for more gig opportunities, get a CDJ and run it in HID mode just to get a feel for it.

Tech Wizard

I must admit i am playing at home inside a 2.5m x 3 meter space so guess the vibrations are quite alot.

There are fixes on jog wheel movements on digitaldjtips.

Helped me out.

the F1 can grab samples from decks you press and hold captur button then use the knob to select what deck to grab from. when you release it, it flashes and you can now choos have long the samples should be then just press any pad and the loop is added to that slot in the remix decks. Sound like lot of work but can be done in seconds.
    And to the mixtrax I think it should be fine for bar gigs you could upgrate after a few gig if you feel it's not good enough for you.
    I don't have top of the line equiptment but I've been giging bars and large venues with my equiptment for 2 years now whitout problems.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Wizard

well there it is after all this all i need is the F1 thanks to everyone for what you had to offer me was great help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12