Rmx 1000
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rmx 1000

Default Rmx 1000

Hey guys, just want to get a feel out for what people think of the Pioneer RMX 1K

It looks like a handy device but I'm not sure it's worth the price-tag.

Have you used it? If so what do you think of it?

If not, do you use an alternative etc?

Tech Wizard

It looks awesome and I'd love to try one out but I couldn't see myself spending that much money on what basically is an effects unit with some small extras

It's a pretty dope box. I was able to use a Pre-production one. And was impressed with the sampler & fx.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

yeah I got to play with it for an hour or so at WMC and it is really pretty badass. The effects are pretty overbearing, like everything Pioneer, but if you don't mind that, they are laid out really nicely and the workflow is intuitive. Within minutes I was sounding halfway decent on the thing, and the little flick-switch to get yourself out of trouble and go back to the mix is kinda brilliant. Plus you can use it as an isolator if you're into that sort of thing, and there's a handy sampler/sequencer as well. It's a tightly integrated unit; I really liked it but I probably wouldn't buy one because (1) what I said about the effects - as soon as you touch it everyone knows you're playing on Pio gear... which is fine, but I'd just as soon play songs instead, (2) the price - put it out there at half this price and it would be reasonable, and (3) my mixer doesn't have a send/return circuit!!
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Yeah the price is what's stopping me from getting one. You're right though, they're overbearing effects too.

I can see myself having a lot of fun with it though.

Tech Wizard

I just recently purchased one, the price is a little step but luckly Long and McQuades near me had one in stock that had been rented for a week so I purchsed that at a reduced price since it was used, saved myself close to $200. Reason I bought it was I use a Xone 62 mixer which dosn't have effects, it was either I sold my mixer saved up money and bought a DJM-900 or purchased an effects box, which seemed like a logical cheaper way around my issue of wanting effects but not really lol I still want the DJM-900, I'd like to run the rmx-1000 through send\return (my mixer dosn't have this) and everything else I own is currently Pioneer... lol.... the effects are a little overbearing but all of the effect peramters can be edited in the RMX-1000 software. Other than being left still wanting the DJM-900 the RMX-1000 is a great piece of kit imo, even though I'd like the DJM-900 to accompany it and to gain send\return, I can still quite happy get by usilng the unit as it is now with my Xone 62, maybe a little steep in price but what pioneer equipment isn't??? lol.

Banned

The general feeling I've noticed around here is that it's a pretty rad piece of kit, but not even close to worth the $1000 price tag.

Only reason I can see for using one is if you are BOTH:

1) really into production/live remix effects
    AND
    2) really into not having a laptop on stage

Otherwise you're silly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    1) really into production/live remix effects
    AND
    2) really into not having a laptop on stage

Tech Mentor

Price of a RMX 1000 is $699 in American Dollars not 1000$

The price is coming down - looking at about £600 on eBay. Bloody tempting, actually....
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast