akai MPC 2500 vs Maschine vs kontrol f1 please helpppppp
    Tech Student

Default akai MPC 2500 vs Maschine vs kontrol f1 please helpppppp

Hi there, I am in a small bind and would love some input from my fellow colleagues. my current set up is traktor pro, s4, and mf pro. I have recently purchased an akai keyboard for production. the direction i am attempting to take with my set up is focus on LIVE INPUT. Now having said that, I understand the 3 controllers are used in different manners and ways but i think they all tie into my dilemma, which is this: first off, i want a beat pad and a good one at that and these are the three that i have come down to; The mpc 2500, the machine, or the new control f1. The mpc and maschine would be the two that are closest to each other in use and production but would it be a good addition to add either of those to my current live set up? next on to the kontrol f1: the focus of this product would be all live input and traktor recording because i honestly am not sure if it can be used in a production setting, any clue if it is? I am leaning towards the mpc because of its sturdiness and capability. i know the price range of the 3 are some what different, so i am also looking at it like this: mpc 2500 with my set up, both live and production or i get the maschine for production setting and kontrol f1 for live use with my set up. If i am leaning in the complete wrong direction please point me or show me some one who can. if not then some advice on the products and the use of them in my position would be amazing. thank you djtt for all the help!

ALto
    www.soundcloud.com/Alto-gethigher

The F1 is only good for triggering loops. I know they say you can load it up with one-shots and play it like a MPC or something, but the pads aren't pads, they have clicky micro-switches so they don't play well at all for anything other than simple beats.

Don't get me wrong, it works well for controlling the remix decks, but it's no drum pad.

Tech Student

So its some what responsive like the midi fighter. thank you that helps alot. I was leaning towards the mpc but i am now thinking about just machine for production work and wait to integrate my set up. but sure yet though

Tech Mentor

Get the machine i'd say it doesn't look like you will be using the MPC that much since you plan to use it for live performances and such.

Tech Student

Thank you karma, I just ordered the brand ne masch with the 1.8 software. stoked for it to come out in the start of october. thank you for all the help tho.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Maschine first and if you find it doesn't do what you want get the Akai. No reason to spend that kind of money unless you're positive it's what you need.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Maschine.