Arrogant DJ's VS Stupid (or not) DJ's
    Tech Wizard

Default Arrogant DJ's VS Stupid (or not) DJ's

Good afternoon fellas, (16:26, here, Brazil)

Got pissed off this morning at a local DJ. I just can't understand what I saw earlier.

A good and decent DJ runs a DJ school. Their lessons are taught on 4 or 5 different cities across our country. I can't debate on how much he knows about electronic music and DJ. He even brought some international DJ's to teach around here.

That stated, I just can't understand why he posted a censored picture of someone asking him how could he turn one Kontrol X1 on.
    The description of the photo (he edited afterwards): "Seeing that is somekind of meme posting chat windows like this, this is what is going to happen if you talk shit to me."

The updated description is "Have you tried to search on Google or read the manual? I'm not a customer service or something like that."

Anyway, why I found this EXTREMELY aggressive: It doesn't matter who you are or how famous you are, your attitudes tell everyone who you are. He is a well known teacher and I completely agree with him: it's enfuriating that some guys who ask EVERYTHING to us: "WHERE DO YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR SONGS? HOW DO YOU PLAY? HOW DO YOU MIX? WHATEVERMAN, TTYL.".

But he's neglecting this guy, he is making fun out of him, just to get a few buzz. He's being arrogant over someone's doubts. WHY DOESN'T HE RECORDED SOME TUTORIALS FOR THE X1? He could get a LOT of buzz on his videos on youtube, instead of being such a dickhead posting a picture of the conversation.

I was planning on getting a few classes on their local school on my town, but I feel that I'm going to be bullied by his fanboys.

Sorry for the rage guys.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Maybe he was just having a bad day, we all do. Personally I ignore these if i'm not in the mood.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by chicomodo View Post
    That stated, I just can't understand why he posted a censored picture of someone asking him how could he turn one Kontrol X1 on.
    The description of the photo (he edited afterwards): "Seeing that is somekind of meme posting chat windows like this, this is what is going to happen if you talk shit to me."
    He obviously felt like that guy was trolling him... (what he probably was)

I mean - no one could seriously be that stupid. Maybe "how do you turn an X1 on" is going to be the next "how do magnets work"?

On a side note: if someone really was stupid enough to buy a piece of gear for >$200, not bother to read the manual or just try it and instead seriously ask that question, he would deserve all the jokes at his expense.
    Maybe if it hurts enough he starts thinking himself before asking stupid questions the next time

Tech Wizard

I understand, but...

I did not transcripted all the chat. When I read it it seems VERY clear that the doubt was real, and not a troll.

And I agree with you, but everyone has a moment of stupidness: I updated my traktor to 2.5.1 without any backups and my S4 went full bananas 15 minutes before playing on a gig. Went to mapping and fixed everything. (had to re-map my nanopad though.)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by chicomodo View Post
    And I agree with you, but everyone has a moment of stupidness: I updated my traktor to 2.5.1 without any backups and my S4 went full bananas 15 minutes before playing on a gig. Went to mapping and fixed everything. (had to re-map my nanopad though.)

Even if it wasn't a troll, I still think he deserved what he got...

You're right, everybody has his stupid moments (in your case: not realising that since 2.x Traktor automatically keeps prior versions to enably you to go back to an old version if you experience any problems with the update ).

But this guy was a little more than stupid: he was lazy and expected others to step in for his laziness. He could have tried googling it, he could have read the manual, he could have looked it up in various forums on the web. He just could have at least tried to find a solution himself instead of stealing other peoples time with his stupidity and laziness.