The Traktor Bible - ON SALE NOW (EU & US)
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default The Traktor Bible - ON SALE NOW (EU & US)

Im very pleased to announce the first sales of the Traktor Bible.

The English Edition of Trakor Pro Bible is available via a US shop and an EU shop to lower shipping costs as much as possible. Shop links can be found at:
    The Traktor Bible

Introduction offer: If you order Traktor Pro Bible in the US shop you can use discount code XMQL7LKC to get 10% off the list price. This offer ends on June 25, 2009. Note: Unfortunately due to different printing cost in US and EU this offer is only valid in the US shop.

Note from DJTT admin *** 15% off the book!
    DJTT discount code - SWBLQERF
    http://www.traktorbible.com/en/traktorprobible.aspx ***

Last edited by BentoSan; 07-11-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Tech Guru

I already worked through the german version. Very helpful. Though I really mis being able to search the contents on my computer. I already suggested to at least provide a full text search on the website, so that you can enter any text and get the pages the text is on.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Yeah this is an area that will be expanded.

One thing to consider is that the format of the book was designed that everything about one topic in is one chapter rather than spread though the book like a general Manual making finding certain things easier.

Please make that suggestion on the website. All feedback is vital and very welcome.

Obviously making a PDF of the manual available makes it easy to duplicate which needs to be avoided as this isnt a big multi-national its just one clever bloke whos written a book.

Tech Guru

Well I dont think its so obvious that since he is just one guy, that releasing a PDF will not work. A couple of reasons. A lot of people still prefer to get a book to read while on the go. Printing things out yourself just isnt as good and getting it printed at a job means you can almost get the "real thing" for the same price.

Also especially because its one guy and not some big corp, you build a much closer relationship with the author. Even if they originally did not intend to buy the book, they might in the end. So this can also get him more customers.

I just do not see people not buying the book because of the PDF.

At any rate, I frequently mail Rainer with my feedback.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Yeah the point im making is that someone will host the PDF on Rapidshare and that MAY impact on book sales. Just like people who are using illegally downloaded versions of Traktor and have no intention of ever paying for it. It will hurt the author as much if not more that NI.

I dunno maybe Rainer will host the whole book as PDF? Ill ask him when i speak to him later.
    Updates for the book will be available as PDF and they will require a Login to download.

Anyway this is a happy day the book is out

what sort of stuff does thi s have in it that makes it worth buying ? for example effects ... what does this bible tell me that the instructions don't. (the main instructions are poor) How much more details does this bible go into ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

We will have some information on the blog about it in this comming week - were also trying to land a deal just for DJTT users so you guys might want to wait a couple days until you purchase a copy

Yeah BentoSan is (of course) correct.
    Rainer and I got a little excited yesterday and I went ahead with the Announcement forgetting about the offer.

Tech Mentor

Some discount perhaps? I really like the book (yes, I'd buy it) but I think 30€ + shipment is too much for any book. But hey, that's my opinion.

On the other hand, your hard work should pay off, ofcourse.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I don't have time to read through the site, as I'm at work, but I have a question.

How will this service handle serious upgrades to the software? Will there be future PDF addendums added when Traktor goes through changes, or will new books be sold?

Just curious, not going to dissuade me to buy it either way.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast