New house track - feedback needed!
    Tech Mentor

Default New house track - feedback needed!

hey guys, would appreciate any feedback on my latest track! thanks! Im really working on making music that is really easy to dance to - but i feel im still not there yet so any feedback is very welcomed.

Its an interesting track, wouldnt say its dancy tho. Its more of a chill deep house or tech house track imo. Im not sure if thats what you were going for or not, but thats certainly not a bad thing. The bass and kick also seem a bit too loud or upfront to me and slightly choppy in comparison to everything else, again not sure if this was the desired effect or not. Its a cool little baseline and synth mix melody tho.

There's no push/drive/bounce to it. Hard to make people dance

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    There's no push/drive/bounce to it. Hard to make people dance
    i totally understand what you mean. What is it am i not getting; any specifics that you recommend?

All I can say is listen to a lot of music, figure out where they are getting their push/drive/bounce/energy from and figure out how to apply that to your style of writing

Tech Mentor

well from your experience what is that you do that make your tracks pump? what are some revelations you have came across while making your music?

Less is more, better arrangements, syncopation and just stronger writing and use of samples

Tech Mentor

The bass and vocal sample seem to be good but there's too much going on top with the synths that is making the beat a bit hard to follow. I'd strip it back (but that's also a stylistic thing).

I agree with Jason on this - listen to a bunch of tracks and work out which element is giving the drive (often it's a little percussion sample or something). Less is more definitely (if it doesn't groove with less then adding more won't help - that part is hard) and using a few samples well help "import" some groove

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    Less is more, better arrangements, syncopation and just stronger writing and use of samples
    Agreed with completely. Listen to a lot of Club music. It's really simple. Usually played in a Major and the lead doesn't span more than 2 octaves or so. Even something with a few notes arranged in an addictive way will do it.

Honestly when it comes to dance music, you want to keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by funlife View Post
    I agree with Jason
    More people should