Culling collection.

Default Culling collection.

Every so often I run over my entire collection because my playlists keep expanding, I also use this oppertunitys to DELETE tracks..... I think I may have developed a little bit of a strange fetish for it...

I never use to delete tracks, then one day I relised, "I would never play this track out" so I began deleting... I just deleted 150 tracks from my 1200 track collection... its liberating... whats even stranger is I was deleting tracks I had given 4 & 5 star rating 3-4 years ago, now im like "iNTO THE BIN WITH YOU"

All of my tracks I have purchased in Beatport, so its even a better feeling to say, "i know I payed for you, but your no longer cutting it"

How many here are horders? and how many here love to chop tracks... ive become ruthless...
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Tech Mentor

I'm a hoarder too, but I keep those tracks I don't use anymore on hard drives, cd, dvd, whatever. Then when I feel like it, or have the time, cut the wax. I even keep cassette tapes too. LOL!

Delete anything you haven't played for 5 years from the collection. at least they are still sitting in itunes though
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Delete anything you haven't played for 5 years from the collection. at least they are still sitting in itunes though
    once i hit delete, it gone, i dont even think twice about clearin trash bin..... really, is it productive to keep those tracks in the event that you might someday go back and waste time checking again what you already discarded....its not about the space it takes up, as storage space is so cheap thesedays, its about empowering yourself, cutting those tracks from you, shake of the shackles of bad electro and that one dubstep track you thought was kinda cool when you first heard it. set yourself free.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.