Standard or EGE?

Default Standard or EGE?

So I'm moving up in the world. I'm ready to throw out my S2 and grab a sparkly VCI-400 (as soon as I get my next payslip)

One question remains. Regular or EGE?

Is the EGE compatible with the standalone firmware upgrade?

Thanks in advance people.

Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

There's no answer in that thread. =[

Get the EGE
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Is there a reason behind it?

get the regular! u can do your own mapping to similar to EGE.

and there's a 150$ rebate if u buy before 8/31

http://thedjhookup.com/vestax-vci-400-1.html

700 total

That'd be so useful if I lived in the US.

Is it possible to remap the EGE or if I plan to do that, is it better to go with the regular?

The EGE sends different midi messages eg the grid has 4 mode shifts changed by the smaller buttons directly underneath giving 32 virtual buttons from the 8 button grid, and the slice mode sends multiple messages milliseconds apart as a workaround.

If you want to map it yourself think about what you would map first.. if it isn't very indepth go with the original version. Also think about whether you just like the idea of having it as an analogue mixer or will actually use it. My guess is that for 90% of people using it, that feature will never get used as you will usually be plugging your unbalanced master into a channel on the house mixer, so if your computer crashes just play something on the cdj.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    That'd be so useful if I lived in the US.

Is it possible to remap the EGE or if I plan to do that, is it better to go with the regular?
    Oh lol, that sucks.

but yea i have learned that, pre-sets from other people dont necessary work for you, yea maybe the 1 or 2 features is cool. but the entire complete 100% layout usually don't.

so just get the regular, map it how you like. i have mapped mine pretty much like EGE, with 4 mode shifts like the above post mentioned. and its a true 4 channel mixer set up, where you can play/pause all 4 channels with 4 hot cue buttons per deck all lay out, w/o pressing the shift button to go to another layer **i try to avoid the shift feature to map other stuff on the same button as much as possible**...because why buy it when you only use 2 channels.

and the standalone mixer feature is definitely worth it!