I'm interested in starting my own Promotions/Events 'brand'... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

I wouldn't worry too much about the name yet--you have way more to worry about than that. But when the time comes I think you should go with something that sounds like a professional events company. That's how you get corporate gigs.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about the name yet--you have way more to worry about than that. But when the time comes I think you should go with something that sounds like a professional events company. That's how you get corporate gigs.
    Yeah, that's what I'm asking, what is professional sounding? I don't know of many events companies, do you know where I can find a 'list' or something?

Depends what you want out of it really mate.

Do you want to run corporate gigs and events or do you want to throw parties and promote?

Corporate gigs work on being able to offer quality smooth gigs that all work well and are cost effective. You need to get in with some companies and try to get word of mouth going around as if something goes well people hear about it as you get a chance to network at your own event.

If you want to throw parties, create a brand and maybe promote artists etc then its about find an angle, if the clubs/nights are sown up in your area then maybe look at day parties in a spot near you, all legal obviously so get it above board, but some of the best events I have been to have been day ones. You may even be able to twin with another club NIGHT and gain extra promotion through them as a pre party? Keep using the name and keep people on side and gain a fan base by doing it well and try to offer something not currently out there. Then when the opportunity comes you may be able to take advantage of your new found fame to try it in one of the clubs.

Just thinking aloud as I know a few people who have done the same, hope it helps.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilliams View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm asking, what is professional sounding? I don't know of many events companies, do you know where I can find a 'list' or something?
    entertainment 720 presents an entertainment 720 production with sounds by dj roomba
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Mentor

I want to do club nights and maybe outside parties/small festivals in the future, so really at the moment all I need is a name and a logo. I think the name will take me a very long time to pick, even longer because I don't know of many promo companies so I don't know what kind of names they use, I know of Insomniac in America and a few local ones but everything I think of sounds too cheesy.

A name is honestly the least of your worries.

Finding a venue, equipment, staff and promotion are your biggest worries.

You can call it 'Peri-Peri Wonderland' and people would still come if you get everything else right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    A name is honestly the least of your worries.

Finding a venue, equipment, staff and promotion are your biggest worries.

You can call it 'Peri-Peri Wonderland' and people would still come if you get everything else right.
    True say!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Tech Wizard

Don't think you can do it all online either.

Tech Wizard

Name and Logo is the least of worries.
    It's all about the execution. First of all decide what kind of event you want to throw, and what type of music.
    Start of small, find a venu, create an event, create a promotional team.
    My advice is start planning for everything, once you have a venu, a dj, and a date set, then its all up to promotions

Tech Mentor

I've chosen the name 'Phonic' and I'm currently getting ideas together for a logo...

The main thing is to get people through the door and I'm a bit stumped as to what I can do, any suggestions?

I was thinking social media, flyers, posters, selling tickets (not sure this would be viable as it's a small venue) and maybe having a street team (not sure how this works) - any advice?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast