I'm interested in starting my own Promotions/Events 'brand'...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default I'm interested in starting my own Promotions/Events 'brand'...

I can't seem to find any resources online for me to study, so I'm wondering if you have any tips/advice you could share? I'm not clueless but I'd like to have an insight into how other promo brands have been set up and how they 'operate'.

For now, it's just going to be a name and a logo I can put on flyers and posters until the brand gains more recognition - then I'm hoping to move to a better venue/s and book DJs to play at my nights.

I'm not sure how much money I need but it will mostly be going on flyers, posters, 'decor' (anybody got any advice? I was thinking a big banner to put inside the venue as without any decor it will look amateur and bland) and some other misc things. I want to go all out with this as I think it's not worth doing if I don't.

Thanks!

Tech Convert

If I were you, I'd read some books on branding and marketing (a good idea for any DJ, even if you aren't starting an events brand). Here are some suggestions for reading/learning material:

• Lynda.com has some programs about branding
    • Book: Build a Brand in 30 Days by Simon Middleton
    • Any "Guerilla Marketing" book
    • The Party Promoter's Guide - David Gold

Just do it - get stuck in, and be prepared to learn some things the hard way.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

The main thing to know with Events and Event Management is that at some point, you will always fail.

The reason for that is almost always a lack of promotion.

Don't underestimate it.

Start with finding a market -- it might even be that you need to move to a place with less DJs in the area.

Banned

Just don't ever think facebook is a good way of marketing events.
    Hire people to fucking talk to people about events. Otherwise you're just obnoxious.

Tech Convert

be prepared to lose a ton of money.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Start with finding a market -- it might even be that you need to move to a place with less DJs in the area.
    My problem is that in my town the DJs 'own' the clubs, so nobody else gets a chance, it makes me sick.

Watch this. But if your in the UK/London and need someone on board to do it with i'll help for shits and Gigs.....

Tech Mentor

What should I aim for when I'm picking a name? I don't have many examples so I don't know what's too cheesy or rubbish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast