Traktor Pro VCI-100 Mapping, No overlay needed, designed for 1.2 firmware.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Traktor Pro VCI-100 Mapping, No overlay needed, designed for 1.2 firmware.

Hi guys,

After recently getting my VCI-100, I found and have used a variety of mappings for the controller. The best I found for my own needs, was this great 2 deck mapping from this thread:-

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2868

However, it had some minor functionality bugs, and when I looked closer under the hood, alot of redundant note mappings.

I've now stripped it back to basics, whilst keeping, or upgrading its functionality, and curing the odd bug along the way. The end result is my take on traktor 2 deck mapping. It doesn't use any modifiers, so should be easily portable to previous versions of traktor as well.. but I haven't specifically tried this.

Every button is mapped to its original labelled function, unless it didn't have a function, or was spare.

A quick walk through for those interested in using it:-

Top Left Section.

The three buttons on the left side of this area are used as follows:-

Top) Scroll Up the folder list
    Middle) Scroll down the folder list
    Bottom) Change the view to browser and back to decks.

The Four small black buttons next to these (from the top down):-

Increase loop size of Deck A (but not set a loop)
    Decrease loop size of Deck A (but not set a loop)
    Increase loop size of Deck B (but not set a loop)
    Decrease loop size of Deck B (but not set a loop)

The load buttons:-

All work as originally labelled.

The 4 buttons directly underneath this section (Loop*4, Key, Vinyl Mode, Sync), and the same set opposite, all work as labelled.

Note on Vinyl Mode. This swaps the platters from scratch mode, to search mode.

The jogs:-

Pitch bend using the edges, or scratch/search depending on vinyl mode button.

The transport buttons at the bottom, all work as labelled.

The centre effects section:-

Both halves mirror each other, for decks A (left) and B (right).

From the top:-

Trim (gain) .. As labelled.

Top three eq's:- High, Mid, Low. (These are labelled, high, mid high, and mid low)
    Bottom button (labelled low):- Filter

Small black balance knob:- Key Change.
    Effect button:- Toggles effects units 1 & 2, either on or off. So.. if both units are set to off when you press this, both units will come on for that deck. However, if you have one unit on, and one off, this button is a toggle, so the effect is this:-

Both On -> Both Off
    Both Off -> Both On
    Unit 1 Only On -> Unit 2 Only On
    Unit 2 Only On -> Unit 1 Only On

You can set individual effects units on and off in the next section.

The effects section (Top right of unit):-

Effect button:-

This button does nothing on its own, but sets the LED for master, A or B.

When set to A:-

The effect select buttons (small black ones) turn on/off FX units 1 & 2 (top button and bottom button).

The rotaries (but NOT the far right one), change the FX amount of your chained effects on unit 1 (which I have over deck A, hence linking it with the LED A).
    The buttons under each rotary turn the effect on or off.
    The far right rotary is d/w control. The button under it is un-used as its midi messages are used elsewhere and is a known bug with firmware 1.2

When set to B:-

The three rotaries and buttons underneath, affect your advanced FX on unit 2. The far left rotary affects d/w as before. But to turn on the FX unit use the effect button inside the very top left area (labelled effect).

When the LED is set to master:-

The rotaries and buttons under do nothing. I've yet to decide what to do with these, probably cue juggling I think. Version 1.1 will have these implemented.

All faders work as labelled.

Remember, for this mapping to work, you must have chained effects set to FX unit 1, and advanced to FX unit 2.

-----> TSI Link here <-----

Enjoy

Moonie

www.djmoonie.co.uk
    Last edited by djmoonie; 06-28-2009 at 04:30 AM.

hey the link doesnt work

Instructions changed.. see below.
    Last edited by djmoonie; 06-28-2009 at 04:30 AM.

when i save it it saves as a text not a .tsi file

never mind i got it ....thanks man

I Tried Uploading This And It Didnt Work

There shouldnt be an issue with saving it that way.. but just incase.. I've uploaded the tsi as a zip file and changed the link above.

So just left click and download the file, then unzip it.

thanks ill try it out

Hey Yo

Nice rework of my tsi (which was bitten from bits of other very good tsi posted here

Especially like how you remapped the effect select buttons to turn on fx 1 and 2 on both decks.

I do miss that one button being search mode which is now d/w for fx advanced but i can probably find a keyboard shortcut for that.

Other than that it all seems clean and dandy.

Nice one

Mx1
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

The only thing left to do on that TSI, when I have time, is to map some remaining controls in the effects section when the master LED is lit.

The effects 1 & 2 on/off is actually a toggle, so you can do some funky swapping around of 1 & 2 depending on whats active

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast