About to playing a show this friday, and I need all of your help!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mwn11 View Post
    Expect a report with pictures!
    A police report with mugshots will also do
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

haha just don't get too hammered and be mindful of whats going on. Walk outside and see how loud it sounds, don't invite sketchy people, and just let people have the alcohol. Whats 12 bucks for a good time? And just keep the intoxicated away from your gear or it will be a sad night. And yes, we expect pictures and or video!!
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

so as a heads up, if you should get busted up for underage drinking and are charging for drinks, they can nail you for selling liquor without a license.

not sure what specifically the laws are specifically in your state, but out here in addition to a massive base fine and confiscation of ALL the liquor on site, they also charge you $4 per oz of liquor they confiscate, and that includes liquor already dispensed (so if the bottle's half empty and holds 40oz, for that bottle alone you'll owe $160.)

when you start charging for liquor without a license you're playing a whole new ball game, i'd suggest you not charge at all.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    A police report with mugshots will also do
    Hehe cheeky.
    Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

Tech Convert

Selling cheap liquor seems like a miss at a house party.. I remember buying cups for $5 back in highschool and you could drink whatever keg/giant-tub-of-whatever-mixed-with-whatever that night.

Not that I support underage drinking or anything but an idea could be to make jungle juice and sell a handful of cups.

Jungle juice - http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...jungle%20juice

Could be a cheap way to make some money off the night with the only problem everyone will likely be way to inebriated to function.

Otherwise - Have fun / Be Safe / Watch your gear / Post pics.

p.s. if you make jungle juice.. tons of gummy bears/fruits at least 12-24 hours before

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    i wouldn't call 30-60 people 'a LOT of people'....
    Dude 30-60 people is not alot of people at all. That's an easy group to control and even with your home system you should have enough to push it to 60 people. If you have use two "systems" just plug each into the sepeare RCA's -- just remember to point one speaker your way so you have some type of monitor. If you use more than one system then you can always get a cheap behrigner mixer for not too much at all and hook them all up into it.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

I would agree that selling drinks is a bad idea, besides the legal ramifications that could happen if busted, someone has to play bartender, keep track of all that, people will bring their own anyway, its not going to work, you either have to sell cups or charge a cover if you want to make money or just absorb the costs of throwing a party. In terms of telling the neighbors, depends on what kind of neighbors. Are they gonna be cool with you throwing a party while the parents are gone? Most likely the parents are going to find out after they get home.

^ agreed. telling the neighbors will probably result in the parents finding out unless they are pretty cool folks. I say just do a sound check and walk outside and see how it sounds from there and decide.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wday View Post
    We are carefully filtering who is coming and almost have a guest list down. If someone wants to bring anyone, they have to run it by me, or the owner of the house.

If you really think that's gonna work you are hopelessly naive... Sorry, don't mean to offend you, but that's just how it is. If you have a house party going on, keeping people who are not invited from coming anyways is probably as easy as keeping ants out of a tent full of sweets when camping in the woods...

People will turn up and will get in eventually. Period.

Else, as others said before:

- Notify your neighbours
    - don't sell the booze; "hiding the whole paying for drinks thing" won't work; chances are pretty high that some drunk guy will let talk when being picked up by the cops

I kind of can't get rid of the feeling that you're thinking this is much easier than it actually is...
    Last edited by TCMuc; 08-30-2012 at 12:38 PM.

30-60? You'll be fine.
    Don't worry about your equipment, just me smart with it.
    Don't charge for drinks.
    Don't throw too much money at the party.
    Inform your neighbours.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast