Mixer with midi out for scratching - Recommendations please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Mixer with midi out for scratching - Recommendations please

I am currently using ableton via APC20 with a scratch deck. The scratch deck (str8-150) is running with torq and outputting to an analogue mixer - american audio qd3) then back into another soundcard into ableton.

i'd like to try with the internal crossfader either in torq or ableton (via ms pinky or still using torq via rewire) but I will need a midi crossfader.

I was originally looking at a x-session but was told the fader was rubbish so I am looking for alternatives. I am thinking I will probably need something which is a mixer first and midi second to get the right quality?

Don't want to spend loads. I was looking at the american audio dv2 as I am happy with fader on the qd3. Any opinions on this or others around this price?

Cheers,

I've asked this question before. Search under the turntable section for something along the lines of "help me find a midi capable scratch mixer". I was given a few recommendations, one was the red vestax pmc-08 if I recall. The buttons along with the faders are mappable. You would be looking at around $800 new, but would be a great mixer to have with the inputs/outputs options available.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Guru

Pioneer DJM-T1 is on special at the moment https://www.storedj.com.au/products/PIO-DJMT1

can't recommend enough the denon x600

Tech Convert

Thanks for the replies

DNX1600 has a flex fader and midi out
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

irig from ikmultimedia

Tech Wizard

faderfox

Tech Wizard

apc40

No to Faderfox and APC. Faderfox faders are way too stiff (unless you're getting the 4MidiLoop of course but I doubt that's in your budget), and the APC fader, while the cut is nice and smooth, is flimsy as hell. You're best bet might be to put an innofader in something.

If it's not too much crap going on on the faceplate you might look into the Behringer DDM4000. It's a full on 4 channel mixer with MIDI out the wazoo, though you'll need a MIDI-to-USB cable to make it work. The faders are not terrible for scratching; I did a ghetto mod with a piece of plastic to reduce the cut-in distance (it was like 3 or 4 mm) but then I didn't mind scratching on it at all. Best of all it will take an innofader when you have another face card burning a hole in your pocket. The Behringer you can probably find used for $200 or so.

Also look into DJ-Tech options if you can get them easily; they have a couple of small midi mixers and the one I played with at WMC had a very smooth crossfader that was fun to scratch with. I think you can get one of their midi mixers for under $200.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast