do you have an emergency kit in your gig bag?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default do you have an emergency kit in your gig bag?

things i carry

2 sets of rca cables. bad cables = bad day.
    1 cd with a hour long mix on it. buys you time in case of major component issues.
    1 headlamp that have both with and red LEDs. sucks when the booth is very dark and the lights on the TTs are out, does not make for a fun night.
    extra sets of AA and AAA batteries.
    extra needles. can't count on clubs having a set or the ones they have being in good condition
    RCA to 1/8 inch adaptor, to use with ipod incase they don't have CDJs or you can't use your emergency backup cd.
    1/4 inch to 1/8 inch and 1/8 inch to 1/4 headphone jack adaptors. played a club that had a 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor perma-stuck in the mixer.
    extra USB to sound-card cable.

anybody else carry items like this in their gig bags?

Tech Mentor

Extra RCA and USB cables, and I always make sure I've got some appropriate mixtapes on my phone in case anything goes wrong. Then again, if my computer completely craps out on me the phone isn't going to save me for the entire night so I should definitely start looking into something more foolproof.

I've been waiting for tablets with external soundcard and MIDI controller support, and recent rumours indicate my waiting may soon be over. Extra tablet + Audio 2 DJ in my gig bag and I'm pretty much foolproof.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Extra cables, duct tape, flashlights.

All of it was needed at one point or another

I have an USB thump drive in my 2 American Audio radius 3000 connected with RCA to my VMS4 if computer chrasses I switch channel 1 and 4 to analog and can continue mixin with CDJ's til computer reboots. Althoug it never failed me yet.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Spare cables, torch, blank CD's, iPod with mixes on. CD wallet.
    Had to use the cd wallet on Sunday when Traktor crashed on me. Only had to mix 1 track on the CDJ before I got Traktor running again.. Flapped it when deck A froze and wouldn't let me load another track onto it.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Spare USB cable, 2 x RCA cables, 1 x earbud headphones (if my main pair goes belly up I have a small pair, never needed them though), 1 x OSX USB install, 1 x portable HDD with music/software, 2 x USBs loaded with music, RCA to 1/8 cable (I have a few mixes on my phone), ipod/iphone charger, torch, my old CD wallet and a handful of headphone jack adaptors (people always borrow them and I never see them again)

That said I've never needed 95% of that stuff...

A pair of spoons...
    Macbook Pro 15" 2.2Ghz i7, Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5, Ableton, Vestax VCI-100SE, 2 x Midifighters, 2 x Technics SL 1200 mkII, Audio 10, Launchpad, Nocturn, TMA-1

Tech Guru

Most important for me, is simply a bag of vinyl for that 'if all else fails' moment.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Wizard

In my dj bag, I have extra RCA, Mic, xlr cables, RCA to Mini just incase I need to play tracks from my phone. Recently I just started carrying a few vinyl just incase my serato ever craps out.

1 bottle of vodka

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast