How to Create a Custom Mapping in Traktor

Default How to Create a Custom Mapping in Traktor

Hey DJTechtools forum,

I have become interested in creating my own mapping for my Midifighter Pro in Traktor. I want to create a completely custom mapping, but I have not the slightest clue of how to go about making a mapping in Traktor Pro 2. I have never watched a tutorial on how to create a mapping, but from the mappings I already see in Traktor, they look complicated. In my mapping, for example, I want to be able to have the faders on the Midifighter Pro be mapped to the cross faders or deck volume faders. I feel like I would be able to accomplish much more interesting mixes if I knew what was actually happening when I press the buttons, turn the knobs, and I had my own mapping that I created. I just want to create simple commands to be mapped to the buttons, faders, and knobs on the Midifighter Pro. For the buttons, an example of a mapping would be having one button mapped to a cue point or one to a specific effect. Nothing too complicated, but still I have no idea how to make a mapping.

Any articles, videos, or personal tips and suggestions on how to go about creating the mapping would be found extremely helpful. I am a teenager, so I will try my best to understand what you all our saying. Thank you so much for reading this, and if you have any helpful things you would like to suggest, please do so!

Marty

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey son, I'll be glad to help you out creating your first custom mapping. Do you know how to use 'learn' button at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey son, I'll be glad to help you out creating your first custom mapping. Do you know how to use 'learn' button at all?
    Stewe, trying to adopt future midi mappers ehh?
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I like to see when somebody's interested to learn how to adjust mappings to their own workflow

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I just learned what that feature does...Oh the possibilities! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MartyParty View Post
    I just learned what that feature does...Oh the possibilities! Thanks!
    Good luck man let Stewe or I know if you need any help. If I can't help, Stewe can.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D