Gemini CDJ-700
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gemini CDJ-700

Default Gemini CDJ-700

Just got here today.. I picked one up off ebay for $315 shipped! So far I'm more then impressed with this thing.. Its a bit plasticy, the sound effects are rubbish, and the jog wheel is on the tighter/heavier side, but i also feel like its smoother then the 1000's & 900's i've played on..

Either way, for around a 1/6 of the price, it plays from flash drives, SD cards, CD's, MIDI, has cue points, slip mode..... Its perfect for a home setup, thats for damn sure!!

MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Tech Convert

Nice find, dude! I've never played on Gemini's, but my friend absolutely adores them!

Honestly for the price I can't complain.. Its WORLDS better then the Numark NDX-800 I had last year.
    Suprisingly this thing doesn't feel like its going to break in your hands, but its still plasssttiiccccc city.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    Suprisingly this thing doesn't feel like its going to break in your hands, but its still plasssttiiccccc city.
    Worse or better in the plasticky dept than a CDJ400 ?

Honestly I can't say, never played on the lower end Pio's.. I'm thinking about going to guitar center this weekend and if i do i will give them a play and let you know..

mmm thinking about picking 2 up and using them as controllers, just wondering about the pitchfader and jogwheel, how is the resolution and does traktor support it to its full resolution? Or haven't you tried it as a controller yet? How do the play/cue buttons feel?
    SpeakerFreaker | E-MU Xboard 49 | Novation Launchpad | Korg Zero4 | CDJ-400's | Sennheiser HD-25 Adidas Originals | TSP 2 | Mac Pro | Soundcloud

To be honest the pitch fader feels a bit cheap.. Works great, they say its HiRes 14(?)bit, and traktor seems to support it just fine. jogwheel feels good, like i said, a little on the heavier side, but feels quality. Play/cue feels ok, they aren't metal like on the pio's but they have a sturdy feel and a nice quick.. Cue crabing works fine..

Nice thing about midi is the effects buttons and Dry/Wet knob are open to be mapped along with a couple other things.. If you can get them for a good price i'd say go for it..

Really really nice man. Have you tried it with traktor by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    Really really nice man. Have you tried it with traktor by any chance?
    I have and just with the stock mapping off Gemini's page, it works just how you'd expect it to. They left the 4 effects buttons unmapped along with the Dry/Wet knob so you can map some more hotcues, traktor fx, or whatever else you feel like..

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    Just got here today.. I picked one up off ebay for $315 shipped! So far I'm more then impressed with this thing.. Its a bit plasticy, the sound effects are rubbish, and the jog wheel is on the tighter/heavier side, but i also feel like its smoother then the 1000's & 900's i've played on..

Either way, for around a 1/6 of the price, it plays from flash drives, SD cards, CD's, MIDI, has cue points, slip mode..... Its perfect for a home setup, thats for damn sure!!

Too bad they don't have the ability to connect to each other to share memory devices. Only thing they're missing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast