Map 1 knob to move back and forward in song
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Map 1 knob to move back and forward in song

Hey DJTT!

I borrowed the S4 for a month, and what I really liked, is that you could move back and forward with one knob. (Beatjump)
    I can't seem to map this to one button on my 4D, Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

WY!
    Latest Production: https://soundcloud.com/pjetrovmusic/techhouse-project-1
    - F1 - F1 - CME UF6 - Maschine Mikro -

Hey mate.

ADD IN>CUE/LOOPS/BEATJUMP/ASSIGNMENT{device target for focus, or A-D} - TYPE OF CONTROLLER {button} - INTERACTION MODE {direct} - SET TO VALUE {up to you, i use +32}
    Duplicate that command, but this time when you LEARN the command, turn the knob to the left and change "SET TO VALUE" to -32.

have fun
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Seek position might work more precise when searching trough track.

Add in > Seek Position / Type-encoder / Mode-relative / set sensitivity

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Hey mate.

ADD IN>CUE/LOOPS/BEATJUMP/ASSIGNMENT{device target for focus, or A-D} - TYPE OF CONTROLLER {button} - INTERACTION MODE {direct} - SET TO VALUE {up to you, i use +32}
    Duplicate that command, but this time when you LEARN the command, turn the knob to the left and change "SET TO VALUE" to -32.

have fun
    Thanks man,

I did exactly what you said, but it doesn't seem to work. It just jumps back.
    Maybe my button has only 1 midi message, and can't do a back and forth on 1 button?

printscreen:

fafafa.jpg

If your knob sends only one CC massage traktor can't know in which side you're turning it and it will just send last command you have assign it for. That's why I suggested seek position instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    If your knob sends only one CC massage traktor can't know in which side you're turning it and it will just send last command you have assign it for. That's why I suggested seek position instead.
    Alright thanks mate.
    If I want to jump +32 each time, seek position wont be accurate enough i guess?

From first post I didn't knew that you need +32 jump. Seek position can be set to jump in 32 if you tune sensitivity in order. Do you use knob or endless encoder for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    From first post I didn't knew that you need +32 jump. Seek position can be set to jump in 32 if you tune sensitivity in order. Do you use knob or endless encoder for this?
    endless encoder

Then set it to be "relative" and play a bit with sensitivity. You should be able now to tune it till it jumps 32 beats (both ways) on single movement/click of encoder.

works on teh x1

+1 on seek position
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast