help setting up traktor to use the crossfader to fade the bass over - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by fuckyou View Post
    Thanks for the info.. however I'm a complete noob to Traktor... does this mean I need to duplicate it another 7 times and set a different modifier value for each one?

Or can i do it all with one ?
    If you set it is 'encoder' and direct it should cycle through the points.
    on the x-fade the mod states would be spaced left to right

A 0---1---2---3---4---5---6---7 B

You'd need to set 0 - 3 to be Deck A heavy, and 4 - 7 to be Deck B heavy.

You'd then need 8 input maps for each deck assigned to the x-fade for each mod state. set as button > direct > set the direct amount.

for example
    Mod State / Deck A / Deck B [bass knob positions]
    0 / 0.65 / 0
    1 / 0.6 / 0.2
    2 / 0.55 /0.3
    3 / 0.52 / 0.5
    4 / 0.5 / 0.52
    5 / 0.3 / 0.55
    6 / 0.2 / 0.6
    7 / 0 / 0.65

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I'm pretty sure there is a much much simpler way using invert and the rotary sensitivity to achieve what you want. This is how I did it when I implemented smart faders with bass fall off on a mapping I did.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a much much simpler way using invert and the rotary sensitivity to achieve what you want. This is how I did it when I implemented smart faders with bass fall off on a mapping I did.
    could you list the mapping?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

love the idea of this, have a spare crossfader lying around on my "effects" controller so might give this a shot and map it to a shift button, would be handy as an alternative
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Atomix has this since the old versions (atomix mp3 2.1 in particular). You just have to install the "greece" skin. It has crossfaders for Lows, Mids and Highs aside from the regular crossfader.

It is actually laaame if traktor REALY doesn't have this option since it's the famous TRAAAKTOR.

And those idiots (limited people) who are laughing at this and saying that it would be stupid to have both bases at 100% if the fader is on the center position are such a disappointment to the community. Don't listen to them, that would be the same as saying that the regular crossfader is stupid if it has both channel volumes at 100% if the fader is on the center. Or to say it would be stupid to have two bass knobs that could be at 100% at the same time. By that logic, it would be stupid to have any control except the channel volume. Morons! The more capabilities the mixer has, the better the performance can be!!!!!!! And you need to know how to use it. And, at the end, if you are controlling the mixer simulation program with only mouse it SUCKS ASS if you can't perform only THE MOST IMPORTANT DJ MOVE which is the simultaneous bass swap on two channels.

I rest my case!

P.S. Just to see how it works you should all try it out and start attacking Native Instruments to release this kind of upgrade. Here are the links:

Atomix MP3 2.1 (it's an old program, but has this option):
    http://www.uloz.to/4030981/atomixmp3-2-1-2-cz-crack-rar

Skins:
    http://www.filestube.com/44b65cc27464081103ea/go.html

When you install the program, unpack the skins and copy the two files named greece dot something into the skins folder of the atomix in program files. Then, run the program and find options button, click on skins (or select or change skin) and select greece (find the location if needed). You will know it worked because the interface becomes black and has much more acceptable look with, of course, the THREE SEPARATE CROSSFADERS !!! I don't know if these links are OK since I've already spent enough time here and I already have Atomix and Traktor installed so i didn't download them to check them out. I have just found them to save you and these morons the trouble.

and to add, atomix with this skin is by far the best to practice your DJing because it has the capabilities to imitate the real mixing experience. It has a bad sound, but it will definitely prepare you for the basics of actual mixing with DJ CD players and a mixer.

F U C K C A P I T A L I S M & C O R P O R A T I O N S ! ! ! ! ! !

in before geschlossen
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Mentor

It sounds like a good idea at first, but then in some cases you wouldn't want it to happen, and you have no choice.
    Hate to be blunt but IMO Crossfade+EQing>doing what you want to do
    Mainly for flexibility, and so if you don't want it in a certain case, then it won't happen. If you still want to do this, maybe you ought to make it [SHIFT] + CROSSFADE, so you still can opt out of it, and still have regular crossfade.

this is a rave from the grave...

Tech Mentor

fuuuark didnt ever read past first page. lolol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234