Setup for School Dance

Default Setup for School Dance

I found a picture of a dance I did a few months ago at my school. We have activities every weekend (boarding school), and that weekend was a dance. I happened to be around, and I helped out with the setup. (I don't know what they would have done without me)

Not pictured are two Gemini 2x15 mid cabs that went in the two gaps. On the stands are two Peavey 18" tops with tweeters. I figured out how to use the two different amps as crossovers so we could have something of two subwoofers.

(I'm the one on the left actually doing stuff )

Last edited by padi_04; 09-02-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: pic
    Reason 5 - Traktor Pro 2.5 - HP G62 Dual Core 2.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM

Tech Wizard

clearly you are in a class of you're own

Yeah, it was pretty fun. I don't actually like to DJ those, as it ends up being a standard charts/40 dance. I can't stand that.

However, it's a hell of a fun time to set up and see the impressed faces while I'm DJ'ing before the dance. The thing is, students don't really notice skill if they're not paying attention. I once mixed for twenty minutes, then asked a student what she thought. "Oh, um, yeah! Good!" Was her answer. I then told her what I was doing, and that there was twenty minutes of seemingly one song, and her jaw dropped.
    Reason 5 - Traktor Pro 2.5 - HP G62 Dual Core 2.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM

Tech Mentor

well you learned 2 things...

1. The only people who really listen to the DJ mixing are other DJs, the majority of people don't actually pay close attention to the DJ mixing and are pretty clueless, which brings me to point #2, you didn't train wreck, because they are cluesless when you're good but they know exactly when you mess up bad.....