using jog wheels as beatjumps + start & end points
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default using jog wheels as beatjumps + start & end points

I'm using the jog wheels on my vci-100 to control beatjumps for my decks. So basically I can use them to scan through the track very efficiently and set cues or whatever. I added some acceleration to the mapping so that when I spin the wheel fast it very quickly jumps across the track.

The problem I'm having is that because traktor allows the deck to go well before the beginning of the track and well beyond the end of the track, the position easily gets lost. So 'ill spin the wheel to the right to jump to the end of the track but if I spin it too much it winds up 15 minutes ahead. Then I have to spin all the way back to 3:30 or w/e

Is there any way in traktor to disable that function. to make it so that the playback doesn't stop but will not go further then the end of the song?

Post in the VCI-100 sub-forum. Might get a response there.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Moo View Post
    Post in the VCI-100 sub-forum. Might get a response there.
    It's not a VCI 100 question though, it's a Traktor question.

OP, I don't think there's any way you can do what you need to.

Tech Mentor

Doesn't seem feasible to me either, I'd simply scale down the acceleration.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Why not map it to the correct control instead of mapping it to beatjumps.
    Or is there some reason you can't?

Or do you mean while the song is playing?
    Confused..
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Why not map it to the correct control instead of mapping it to beatjumps.
    Or is there some reason you can't?

Or do you mean while the song is playing?
    Confused..
    Honestly, I'm inclined to not respond to someone who uses the word "correctly" in a largely "creative" discipline but OK.

I don't scratch.
    I don't beatmatch.

What I find useful is being able to quickly and effectively shuffle through my tracks and drop cues + loops. I find the jog wheels in conjunction with nearby buttons the quickest and most efficient way to do all that stuff.

----

There is an inherent issue that arises when you use jog wheels to control beatjump (AKA song seeking). It puts the song out of sync because it is not in exact increments. So my workaround was to map the touch sensor of the platters to sync "hold" and then invert it. That way when you touch the jogwheels it temporarily goes out of sync and then when you let go of the jogwheel it syncs it back up. Definitely one of the more complicated mapping workarounds I've come up with. And to imply that there are "correct" and not correct ways of doing something when traktor pretty much gives you there commands to map out yourself, I think, is to literal minded.

I guess that there is simply no way of preventing the traktor playing position from slipping many many minutes in front of and in back of the actual song. I do not see what practical application that has anyway.

No I wasn't being funny, I meant why don't you have your jogs mapped to Seek Position instead of Beat Jump..
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

Ok so I mapped my vci100 jog wheels to "seek position".

at first glance it works better than beatjumps. It stops and the beginning and ends at the end point like it should. However, I am having a problem. IF I use the jog wheels to find a position and then I move with the mouse or use beatjumps or jump to a cue point, It does not reset the position. So I'll be at the beginning of the song cause i hit a cue point but if a few seconds ago the jog wheel was seeking throughj the middle of the song it will reset the song in the middle as soon as I touch the jog wheel.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to fix this?

Yes there is a way to do it, but it's not 'seek position' that you want - even though that's what you described.
    SC | MC

Did you work it out yet?
    SC | MC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast