Dj/Artist name criticism?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Dj/Artist name criticism?

Hey all, I'm having a rough time with what I thought is a unique and catchy name. My question is, did all of you get people criticizing the Dj or artist name that you chose? I'm getting good responses and then some others like, " oh cool but what about like a virus name, or a catchy disease name, maybe a fantasy name, etc."

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Celebrity View Post
    virus name
    laaame
    or a catchy disease name
    laaame
    maybe a fantasy name
    laaame

I like yours, keep it!
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Convert

Thanks a bunch StephanV ! It's a real bummer when you think you've found the name that will be next to Carl Cox, or Kaskade, etc some day on a flier and somebody's like, " uhhhh... Worst idea ever!" I've had this name for a while , but just now let it be known lol.

Their names didn't make them who they are... they made their names what they are.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Just leave the DJ in front and you will be fine.

Just gone with my own name. The whole DJ name for a starter-upper I find tacky.
    Might just be a UK thing.. I dunno.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SquireC View Post
    Agreed (2nd time today!).

My thought for all DJs; I'd concern myself more with my DJing output, not what I'm called.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SquireC View Post
    I did actually, but my second gig (promoter) wanted something more catchy. I got mad and that's how I came up with my name , all I could think about was the promoter wanting me to be fake and then it came lol.

I like it - and it fits in with modern culture well...
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    Agreed (2nd time today!).

My thought for all DJs; I'd concern myself more with my DJing output, not what I'm called.
    It probably is a UK thing. You see it all the time with DJ's outside of the UK, but the majority of DJ's in the UK I've found use their own name. Especially in the house scene.

This topic has just reminded me of this video Steve Lawler did about the X Factor.

http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast