Pioneer DJM-T1

Thread: Pioneer DJM-T1

Tech Wizard

Default Pioneer DJM-T1

anybody got one of these? im pretty interested in getting but would like feedback on it first. or, can you recommend a comparable mixer that has midi control in the same range? thanks
    American by birth, world citizen by choice!

Tech Guru

I have one and now that the price dropped it's a pretty sick deal man. Before when it was $1799 it just didn't make sense, you could get either the DJM 900 for $200 more (less on ebay) or buy the S4 which is still 4 decks and do timecode with that. Now that the DJM T1 is $1000 it's a no brainer, you basically get a an X1, a Traktor scratch soundcard, and mixer. An X1 costs about $200, then a Traktor soundcard is $340, and a decent scratch mixer like the Rane ttm56 would cost at least $600. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Tech Guru

One downside is it doesn't have built in fx, it's all from Traktors. Normally I wouldn't complain but when you look at the DJM 909 or even the 900 they both have post fader fx capability, which might not seem like a big deal but it offers a lot of cool tricks.

Tech Wizard

what im really trying to do is to use 2 CDJ's with a mixer that can be hooked up directly to my computer for midi control purposes. I want to completely negate the whole traktor or rane boxes. plus i like the fact that you can completely control traktor with just the mixer.
    American by birth, world citizen by choice!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jringeno View Post
    what im really trying to do is to use 2 CDJ's with a mixer that can be hooked up directly to my computer for midi control purposes. I want to completely negate the whole traktor or rane boxes. plus i like the fact that you can completely control traktor with just the mixer.
    Yea it's def a cool little mixer for all those reasons, plus I think I heard they dropped the price yet again in areas outside the US. I say go for it